Temperature: bug or not updated wiki?

BenjenIsBack

In a game I was doing in creative to test armors, I went to the snow biome (more mobs to kill, so easy for testing). I have noticed that when "feels like temperature" is 32 F I get the "freezing debuff", while the wiki says I should be getting the cold debuff with no penalties. Did something change and the wiki is not updated? Which are the "true" temperature margins"? With 58 F I get the cold warning. Note: there is wind but it is not snowing so no wetness if this information helps.  Also I cannot find the "real" temperature in the map as stated on the wiki. Is there a way to find it? How does wind and snow/rain affect it? (In the wiki it says rain is already computed in the modified temperature but I would not be surprised if even that is wrong)

Thanks in advance

Not updated Wiki.

The XML you'd want to look at is in buffs.xml. The triggers which add "hot" or "cold" buffs are based on CVar "_coretemp" which holds the difference between the player's temp and 70F. So _coretemp=10 means player feels like 80F.

And but so:

Buff Player Temp (_coretemp)
Hot 81 (>10)
Sweltering 100 (>=30)
Cold 59 (< -10)
Freezing 40 (<= -30)

Here's what "Cold" looks like in the XML:

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffUpdate" action="AddBuff" buff="buffElementCold">
  <requirement name="NotHasBuff" buff="god"/>
  <requirement name="NotHasBuff" buff="buffElementFreezing"/>
  <requirement name="CVarCompare" cvar="_coretemp" operation="LT" value="-10"/>
</triggered_effect>

Edit: I updated the Wiki to add the new(-ish) "Cold" and "Hot" buffs and remove the obsolete Heat Stroke and Hypothermia buffs.

Edited by Boidster (see edit history)