7D2D & Possible Steam Changes...

Krows

https://www.pcgamer.com/steam-beta-suggests-you-wont-be-able-to-revert-to-old-game-builds-much-longer/

Personally, I play the latest stable and jump to experimentals when the next big Alpha comes out (ie, A20 Experimental). However, I know our community has several folks who enjoy the game processes and playstyles found in some of the older alphas. 

Right now, I believe the various alphas are safe, as TFP have marked them all as beta builds; will that remain the case when 7D2D goes gold? Will TFP maintain those 'betas' for those smaller groups of players who enjoy that specific slice of time?

7 hours ago, Krows said:

Right now, I believe the various alphas are safe, as TFP have marked them all as beta builds; will that remain the case when 7D2D goes gold? Will TFP maintain those 'betas' for those smaller groups of players who enjoy that specific slice of time?

As far as I am aware, the plan is to have them available to those who purchased during EA. This isn't a cloud-enabled game due to the storage limitations for Steam Cloud, so I don't see that playing a factor at all.