Eternal Night Setting?

Yamamoto80

56 minutes ago, Yamamoto80 said:

Hi all-

Anybody know of a way to make it night time all the time? Or to limit sunlight to maybe an hour or two per day?

Thanks.

-Mike

I expect this post will be moved to the modding Discussion and Requests area soon enough.

Mmmm, limited daylight.

Well, if you go to the serverconfig.xml file in your main 7 Days to Die folder you can configure the

<property name="DayLightLength"                    value="18" />

value to reflect the hours of daylight you would like each day. Changing it to 2 will give you that 2 hours of daylight.

In addition, you can also add a mod such as Night Fog which will allow fog to roll in at night.

https://7daystodiemods.com/night-fog/

Good luck with this environment and any solar panels players set up. ^^

3 hours ago, arramus said:

I expect this post will be moved to the modding Discussion and Requests area soon enough.

Mmmm, limited daylight.

Well, if you go to the serverconfig.xml file in your main 7 Days to Die folder you can configure the

<property name="DayLightLength"                    value="18" />

value to reflect the hours of daylight you would like each day. Changing it to 2 will give you that 2 hours of daylight.

In addition, you can also add a mod such as Night Fog which will allow fog to roll in at night.

https://7daystodiemods.com/night-fog/

Good luck with this environment and any solar panels players set up. ^^

@arramus Thank you much for this! I knew there had to be a way but I could not remember which XML had that option.

Follow up question- Because this is a Saved Game Data specific change, (i.e. the data saved in the \Username\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\Etc etc) and not an actual hosted server, will I need to change the GameOptions.SDF file?

Thanks again!

-Mike

P.S. Apologies regarding the thread placement; I thought this was the most correct spot for it.

3 hours ago, Yamamoto80 said:

@arramus Thank you much for this! I knew there had to be a way but I could not remember which XML had that option.

Follow up question- Because this is a Saved Game Data specific change, (i.e. the data saved in the \Username\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\Etc etc) and not an actual hosted server, will I need to change the GameOptions.SDF file?

Thanks again!

-Mike

P.S. Apologies regarding the thread placement; I thought this was the most correct spot for it.

For SP, I believe you will need to 'Show Game Launcher' when starting 7D2D > Select the Tools tab > Select the Open Settings tab.

This will prompt you to enter the Registry settings. There is a setting called DayLightLength and in my example DayLightLength_h2513470523. The Data is currently 0x00000012 (18). When clicking on that setting name to bring up the Edit DWORD using Decimal as Base, it shows my current setting as 18. This reflects my current daylight setting in game for SP. All other settings in this registry area also reflect my current SP settings with damage BM/Player set as 100, BM enemy count set to 8, etc. Changing the registry files is naturally done at your own risk ^^.

15 hours ago, arramus said:

For SP, I believe you will need to 'Show Game Launcher' when starting 7D2D > Select the Tools tab > Select the Open Settings tab.

This will prompt you to enter the Registry settings. There is a setting called DayLightLength and in my example DayLightLength_h2513470523. The Data is currently 0x00000012 (18). When clicking on that setting name to bring up the Edit DWORD using Decimal as Base, it shows my current setting as 18. This reflects my current daylight setting in game for SP. All other settings in this registry area also reflect my current SP settings with damage BM/Player set as 100, BM enemy count set to 8, etc. Changing the registry files is naturally done at your own risk ^^.

Worked like a charm. Thank you for all the help @arramus.