Is there anyway to add translation by myself?

0EoK0

Hello everyone,

First I need to apologize about my bad english,

If my bad english bother you, I feel very very sorry about that.

I'm a big fan about 7dtd who start playing around A16 version.

Yesterday I came back to this game again.

Game is awesome, but the chinese translate is very very bother me.

I have a experience about make a custom translation pack in A16 version.

So can I do the same thing in A19 ?

If it can, which doc should I edit ?

I’m not 100% sure what the “best way” is, but the localization file for the game is in /Configs/Localization.txt

look in these forums for help on how to do it, but I believe These are the major options:

- edit localization.txt. To me this is not ideal because when the game updates, You will lose all your work or have to redo your changes.

- I think it is possible to make a mod that will have just your language changes in it? Meaning I think you can make a mod with just your custom Localization.txt file in it with your custom language, but I am not 100% sure. If this is possible I believe it would be the best option, if you want to make your translation work last when the game updates, and share it with others.

- there is this tool. I have never used it but maybe it will be a good option for you? It might solve all the problems above, but I don’t know

Edited by doughphunghus (see edit history)

6 hours ago, 0EoK0 said:

I have a experience about make a custom translation pack in A16 version.

So can I do the same thing in A19 ?

If it can, which doc should I edit ?

You should create a modlet with a custom Localization.txt file in its Configs directory. That file should override the game's localization.

Instructions about how to write that file, are here:

The instructions are for adding translations of new text. However, it also works with vanilla text.

You will have to know the "Key" value of the text that you want to override. It is the first value, before the first comma, in the line in Localization.txt that contains the relevant text. If you use that same key, the text in your own Localization.txt file will override the game's text.

EDIT: I did not catch that you have not modded the game since A16. It is very different (and easier) now. You do not directly edit the game's files, you create "modlets" that are put into the game's Mods directory.

Usually, modlets use XPath to modify the game's XML files. But, that isn't relevant to Localization.txt.

There are video tutorials for creating modlets, here:

Edited by khzmusik (see edit history)