Mixing features from different versions.

GARGEAN

Basically what name says. Is it possible to fuze together mechanics from different versions? I disliked A LOT of what was changed after A17 - leveling system, items quality, zeds looting and skinning and so on. But obviously there are some desired features in later versions, namely map extension, visual changes, traders mechanics expansion... I don't want so thay in my basement forever playing good ol' Alpha 16.4 and missing everything good that is coming with newer versions. Is solution possible?..

Simple answer, no.

Complicated answer: Play one of the big mods that includes features similar to those of older versions. If you don't mind the higher difficulty level, darkness falls has some stuff from older alphas reimagined. There are also smaller modlets with indivuidual features you could mix together, but it isn't guaranteed that they play nice with each other.

So I guess there aren't that many nostalgic prunes like me around, since this question wasn't really adressed) Yeah, picking mods by hand trying to frankenstein desired experience together might work, albeit won't be easy I guess.

Oh well... Anyways, thanks for answer!

Edited by GARGEAN (see edit history)

Isn't "no" addressing your question?

If you want a longer answer: When developers program new features, old unused code gets removed (for the simple reason that the old code won't work with the other changes anymore unless the developer invests time to make it work).

There was a lot of old code removed that made some of the features of A16 work. Some of it can be simulated quite well (zombies dropping loot is easy for example), but other things can not. For example RWG will not be able to create a world exactly like A16. Some of the LBD/action skill stuff can't be made to work exactly like A16 as well, so I heard.