Making a recipe gated by a perk.

Long story short, I've made stun baton parts (meleeWpnT2StunBatonParts) craftable  and I have managed to gate it behind the Electrocutioner perk.

The only problem, I don't know how to specify at what level to get it to unlock. I've attempted to modify the Tags="meleeWpnT2StunBaton" to tags="meleeWpnT2StunBaton,meleeWpnT2StunBatonParts" under the 1,5 which had no avail of working (should have assumed that).

If anyone smarter than me could inform me of a line to add that would be helpful.

https://pastebin.com/z0MeMQ55 (items.xml)

https://pastebin.com/SYUih2R8  (progression.xml)   I couldn't figure out how to remove xpath here.. remove xpath="/progression/perk[@type='perkElectrocutioner']/> had no avail so I don't know what to do about that.

https://pastebin.com/bV0tmzAS (recipe.xml) Don't mind the low resource costs, its just a placeholder until I'm able to gate it properly otherwise its useless anyway

You can specify the perk level of the recipe unlock by changing this in progression.xml: level="1,5"

If you want it unlocked at rank 3, for example, you'd use this

<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="3,5" value="1" tags="meleeWpnBatonT2StunBatonParts"/>

Edited by Jegethy (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Jegethy said:

You can specify the perk level of the recipe unlock by changing this in progression.xml: level="1,5"

If you want it unlocked at rank 3, for example, you'd use this

<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="3,5" value="1" tags="meleeWpnBatonT2StunBatonParts"/>

That works if i modify the core file directly, I'm currently finding a way to implement it into the passive group through append.

The XML gods and their nodes have taken pity and it works perfectly!

Thank you for the information, in some way you inspired me to to copy your line and just paste it under the existing line. May you have good fortune!

Edited by Darklegend222 (see edit history)

I'm glad it works, but there's a cleaner way of doing it than appending the entire perk. This will add a new recipe unlock tag below the existing one, you just need to change the required perk level.

<insertAfter xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkElectrocutioner']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='RecipeTagUnlocked'][@tags='meleeWpnBatonT2StunBaton']">
		<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="1,5" value="1" tags="meleeWpnBatonT2StunBatonParts"/>
	</insertAfter>

If you still want to append the perk for whatever reason, you should remove the existing perk using the remove xpath. Append adds code, it doesn't change it, so simply appending the perk will add a second copy of the perk and could cause issues.

1 minute ago, Jegethy said:

I'm glad it works, but there's a cleaner way of doing it than appending the entire perk. This will add a new recipe unlock tag below the existing one, you just need to change the required perk level.

<insertAfter xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkElectrocutioner']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='RecipeTagUnlocked'][@tags='meleeWpnBatonT2StunBaton']">
		<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="1,5" value="1" tags="meleeWpnBatonT2StunBatonParts"/>
	</insertAfter>

If you still want to append the perk for whatever reason, you should remove the existing perk using the remove xpath. Append adds code, it doesn't change it, so simply appending the perk will add a second copy of the perk and could cause issues.

<append xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkElectrocutioner']/effect_group">

</append>

that is currently what i am using. I reversed the core file change and everything is working perfectly! I have considered removing it with xpath but this seems to work exactly as expected with no issues. I am simply adding this line after all

2 minutes ago, Darklegend222 said:

<append xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkElectrocutioner']/effect_group">

</append>

that is currently what i am using. I reversed the core file change and everything is working perfectly! I have considered removing it with xpath but this seems to work exactly as expected with no issues. I am simply adding this line after all

Ah, okay. I was assuming you had appended the entire perk as that's what your first post showed. I'm glad you got it working.