Help please! I have some questions with spawning specific zombies in POIs and custom hordes.

Hello, new to the game and also new to modding. I am trying to mod one of our servers and I have a couple of questions:

1. How do you spawn specific zombies on specific POIs? Like I want to spawn only demolishers on let's say a cave POI.

2. How do you create a custom horde with a specific type of zombie and can you set their total number? I am using the creature pack and was wondering if you can make a horde of behemoths only or a mixture of animals and zombies?

3. Can you also spawn hordes only on a specific biome?

3. What are sleepers and how does sleeper volume work? If I set some zombie sleepers on a prefab, will it not work if I don't set a sleeper volume and also vice versa if I don't set sleepers but just set a sleeper volume?

Hope someone answer these, thanks!

1. You need custom sleeper groups. Look at the ones that are already in the game and copy them. Just change the included zeds to whichever ones you want. They are referenced in entitygroups and I believe gamestages.xml.

2. You can add new or replace existing wandering hordes in gamestages.xml. They have values for amounts. I believe anything using the zombie entity class can be used in these. So animals might not work.

3. Not sure this is possible. At least not with simple xml.

4?. Sleeper volumes are what trigger the sleeper spawns. If you have sleepers placed but no volume, nothing will spawn. If you have an empty volume, nothing will spawn, unless it shares an ID with a volume that does include sleepers.

16 hours ago, bdubyah said:

1. You need custom sleeper groups. Look at the ones that are already in the game and copy them. Just change the included zeds to whichever ones you want. They are referenced in entitygroups and I believe gamestages.xml.

2. You can add new or replace existing wandering hordes in gamestages.xml. They have values for amounts. I believe anything using the zombie entity class can be used in these. So animals might not work.

3. Not sure this is possible. At least not with simple xml.

4?. Sleeper volumes are what trigger the sleeper spawns. If you have sleepers placed but no volume, nothing will spawn. If you have an empty volume, nothing will spawn, unless it shares an ID with a volume that does include sleepers.

Thanks for answering! I now understand a bit how sleepers work. I was also able to add custom sleeper groups and am able to select them on the prefab editor.

I have a couple more questions though if it's okay?

1. If you change the Sleeper settings on an xml of a prefab, will the change be carried over to an existing playthrough? or do you need to start a new world for it to take effect?

2. If I only set 1 gamestage per horde, it will use that spawn group for all gamestages unless I define another gamestage higher than that is it right? So if I set one for <gamestage stage="01"> then another one for <gamestage stage="20">, for gamestage 1 -19 it will use stage 01 and for 20 onwards, it will use stage "20", is this correct?

3. What's the difference between entityspawner RoamingHordeSpawn in spawning.xml and the spawner WanderingHorde in gamestages.xml?