We need assault rifles!!!!

tbird11299

[QUOTE=tbird11299;126959]Omg assault rifles would make the game beautiful like m16s which have semi auto,3round burst, auto[/QUOTE] I [I]never [/I]want to see assault rifles in this game. The problem lies in them being too over powered. In the future new players joining PVP servers wouldn't have a hope in hell against existing players. Personally I think the current crop of military grade weapons should be taken out, but I can imagine in the future you'll be able to set which guns can spawn in a config file.

I think 5.56x45mm calibre (AR) rifle would be nice addition to game. Damage could be halfway between the 9mm and 7.62mm damage. It would not change game balance much. Game already has 10mm submachine gun and we all know what PITA that full auto fire is for your ammo economy. And if you want to tune that gun down in game here are some options: * Ultra low drop rate. * Only the civilian AR-15 semi-auto version can be found * 20-round magazine for balance Gun damage characteristics in IRL (energy avg. of ammo variants in Joules) 9x19mm 580 10x25mm 750 .44Mag 1250 5.56x45mm 1700 7.61x51mm 2500 12g shotgun 2500(*) * Energy is sum of 00 [buckshot] all pellets @muzzle. Loses energy at distance much faster than bullets and also loses pellets hitting the target. On a another note fire mode selector would be nice addition to game too. And on third note on guns in game: ability to unload guns would be great too.

Here was my take on assault rifles. It'd be balanced well, need to find a book to MAKE the gun (even if you have all the parts, you need the book), then you'd need another book to be able to craft a burst or automatic firing mode. The gun would also be extremely loud (unless silenced; more on that on the link), high in damage, minimal sway and slight recoil, fair accuracy, and a rate of fire (when upgraded) somewhere between a .44 Magnum and SMG. [url]http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?14885-Myriad-of-Suggestions[/url]

Archived