Idea for further game freedom

Linx77

It would be cool to see the following game options - Stamina drain rate - Hunger drain rate - Thirst drain rate I particularly want this so that I can customize the stamina drain rate. I would suggest that individually but I knew people would suggest the other two. If possible although not as important would be the option to adjust the regain rate of all of these. Readers, please consider that these are options and therefore are optional Also while I'm here, I think the game customization interface needs a rebuild. The current one seem's like it was designed as a temporary solution

No one cares, ok. Totally fine I was playing this game and though very, very carefully about why I was bored by it. I figured it out. It was because I spent most of the time looking for food or waiting for my stamina to regain. This means I didn't have any time to myself, just to do what I wanted to do. This game was preventing me from experiencing it to it's fullest extent and instead filled me with a feeling of oppression. Please leave a comment if you support

I would like them to be added as options too, I just didn't have anything to add to your suggestion. :-) It has been asked before quite a few times in one form or another, and it still is hardcoded. Hopefully we see options some day. I myself would make the drain much slower, and also edit the food drops much lower. The end result would be what I did with editing the models_6.xml again this update to make the game actually challenging (as dropping from 50% to 25% or lower doesn't affect food or water at all. 10% of 1 rounded up is still 1), but just with less food and water consumed total daily) in survival.

[QUOTE=Henshaw;127115]I would like them to be added as options too, I just didn't have anything to add to your suggestion. :-) It has been asked before quite a few times in one form or another, and it still is hardcoded. Hopefully we see options some day. I myself would make the drain much slower, and also edit the food drops much lower. The end result would be what I did with editing the models_6.xml again this update to make the game actually challenging (as dropping from 50% to 25% or lower doesn't affect food or water at all. 10% of 1 rounded up is still 1), but just with less food and water consumed total daily) in survival.[/QUOTE] I can't find the models_6.xml file. I don't believe people should have to resort to modding with this. Also I think maybe hunger and thirst drain rate should be one individual option and stamina as a second one.

Models_x.xml files are packed into one resource file, so modding is not the first option, like you said. I have a long history for modding games, so it didn't take me that long to get into 7DtD modding, but I wouldn't expect others to be that interested to learn just to make changes they want... And then make them again every update. Also the rates cannot be edited at the moment. I agree completely that an in-game option would be very welcome.

I would be all for it, but I doubt that others would agree. I find the current need to edit hidden files to be a poor implementation. These kinds of minor changes should be entirely possible to change in game. Mods should be focused primarily on adding things the devs haven't thought of, not restoring things that the devs have removed or not made alterable in game. As for the UI for the customization interface, it would be nice to see it improved, but that can come later. The current implementation is fairly decent. The bigger issue is the server list, which can be fairly challenging to navigate. I think that is where most of people's options aversion comes from.

[QUOTE=Ben2150;127510]I would be all for it, but I doubt that others would agree. I find the current need to edit hidden files to be a poor implementation. These kinds of minor changes should be entirely possible to change in game. Mods should be focused primarily on adding things the devs haven't thought of, not restoring things that the devs have removed or not made alterable in game. As for the UI for the customization interface, it would be nice to see it improved, but that can come later. The current implementation is fairly decent. The bigger issue is the server list, which can be fairly challenging to navigate. I think that is where most of people's options aversion comes from.[/QUOTE] Yeah, the entire menu GUI needs an overhaul but that's getting off topic. I forgot to mention this, I demand a 0% option for stamina drain rate

[QUOTE=Linx77;130376]I forgot to mention this, I demand a 0% option for stamina drain rate[/QUOTE] sure you do, lol... I might suggest you have a look at some other block and crafting based sandbox games which don't have I focus on survival. Easy google search should bring up a few that are pretty decent.

Things will be better.. calma:) [QUOTE=Linx77;130704]Creative mode removes the challenge. A zero stamina drain option removes the annoyance. There's a difference[/QUOTE] Coffee is getting farmable (if thats a word) which should help alot with the stamina if you put in a slight effort to craft it. If you remove stamina use, things get too easy and i dont think it should be an option to change it too much. Decreasing stamina use in general about 25 percent woulnt hurt tho. They still havent included a skill tree into the game so im guessing by then you will be able to make your character stronger, faster and generally better so i hink the game will feel better in the future. Its impossible to please everyone tho. Heard one guy say he hated random gen.. Quite harsh so early in development..:)

Coffee is your best friend to fight the stamina drain. Its not that difficult to find now compared to A8.8 (trying to find coffee then was equivalent to striking the lottery). And with the upcoming patch introducing farmable coffee, it will help with the long distance hikes we have to do across the RanGen world.

[QUOTE=LarsingeM;130739]Coffee is getting farmable (if thats a word) which should help alot with the stamina if you put in a slight effort to craft it. If you remove stamina use, things get too easy and i dont think it should be an option to change it too much. Decreasing stamina use in general about 25 percent woulnt hurt tho. They still havent included a skill tree into the game so im guessing by then you will be able to make your character stronger, faster and generally better so i hink the game will feel better in the future. Its impossible to please everyone tho. Heard one guy say he hated random gen.. Quite harsh so early in development..:)[/QUOTE] I would prefer to be able to decrease/remove stamina drain. If having that option there (even through the developer console) is too much to ask then sue me

• 2 weeks later...
an option to change the draining of hunger, thirst and especially stamina would be very welcome on my part. I'm a guy that loves exploring (even through the map seems to unexplore itself after a while :/) and my inventory is literally full with stamina-boosting drinks just for that.

Archived