Chicken coop with chicken breeding system

Joe78man

New craft item/block: Chicken coop

(an idea inspired by this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/997)

Use stunt rod to stunt chicken.

Stunt chicken can be picked up as an item, non stackable.

Stunt chicken can be deposit in the chicken coop (which has limited room for chicken)

Coop has an output inventory where it produces X amount of eggs and feathers per chicken

If you place eggs in the inventory, after X days the egg hatches and adds chicken+1 if there is room for it

You can craft a killed chicken (emulating sacrifying one) which produces as many feathers and meat as a knife would harvest with no perks added (to set a standard)

@Dayhawk has a chicken hatchery mod already.  Not quite the same as this, but what it basically does is produce a chicken once/day (well RL hr I think, your days may vary).  You have to keep them caged up or they run off.  Killing them yields less meat than a normal chicken, but gives 1-2 eggs.

Doesn't look like he has it on his github yet.  I'll ask him to post it if its ready.  He's still kinda beta'ing it I think.

I have one that has been working well. But works the way Stample has described. I just made a new change and wanted to test it before I made it available. I am a fan of making modlets and some of the stuff you are describing really feels like it would want an asset file or some deeper change.

My mod just lets you place down a nest or haybale that is crafted using Eggs and Plant fiber. The nest will spawn a single chicken while the haybale will spawn a chicken ~1 per day. These chickens are special as harvesting them does give you a chance at 1 - 3 eggs.

Archived