Fix Stealth

ChamplooMusashi

On 11/13/2020 at 10:12 PM, Roland said:

Are wandering hordes really happening that often during quests? It's been pretty rare for me and I usually do at least one each day.

Oh, i get wandering hordes regularily while doing quests. But they don't get attracted to me until i'm starting to use firearms and are still near ground level. And yes, they interrupt doing the quest, but you don't need to leave the poi to fight them, especially not if they become attracted, then they will come to you anyway. It's not like one step out of the front door will make the quest fail. You can basically walk around every POI without the quest becoming failed. Iirc the checkmark on the "stay inside" notification turns yellow before you are walking away to far.

They often also just walk by and don't notice me, even if a tear down half of the POI with a shotgun and i only occasionally see them from a window, roof or a path from window to window on the outside of the POI. I don't have numbers, but when doing big POIs (like the crack a book) and not being in the 1st or 2nd floor, i never had a wandering horde being attracted. So obviously they don't get attracted over too big distances.

It's nice to notice this in the military POIs with the mines around it, because you can hear the mines detonate. And if you hear 5+ of them explode in a row, you can be almost sure it was a wandering horde and not just one or two random Zs.

I recently encountered that with much more weight, since i use a mod that increases wandering hordes size (more like 20-30 Zs instead of like 10). I don't know if the mod also changes their spawn rates. The discription didn't say anything about that part and i usually don't take a look into the actual xml changes.

Imho that's a game changer, because you are not knowing when it will happen. And in a quest i often have to decide if i want to handle them now and walk half a POI back out or hope they won't reach me anyway or i may suddenly have 20 Zs behind me. But the vanilla wandering hordes are just a joke.

New player here.  

Stealth seems to work fine for me.  I can do whatever I want at night -- no problems.  I just make sure there's a closed door of some kind between me and them, and they don't seem to hear me -- including mining, and I was only a like 5 blocks down.  I even go out at night if there's a full moon and stealth around.

I do take that first tier stealth skill, though.

5 hours ago, Daemonjax said:

New player here.  

Stealth seems to work fine for me.  I can do whatever I want at night -- no problems.  I just make sure there's a closed door of some kind between me and them, and they don't seem to hear me -- including mining, and I was only a like 5 blocks down.  I even go out at night if there's a full moon and stealth around.

I do take that first tier stealth skill, though.

I'm new too and most of the times no problems as well. Agility-based build is fun!

Archived