7 Days of History

Loboling

I wanted to discuss the zombie outbreak in 7 days, and what we know about it so far.

We will discuss: The Landscape, The Zombie Behavior, and Zombie Types.

The Landscape:
The world of 7 Days is broken up into 5 distinct landscapes: Snow, Forest, Desert, Burnt & Wasteland.
So what does this tell us?
Well Burnt & Wasteland are irregular biomes. Firstly, the wasteland indicates some type of armed conflict. Clearly, during the events leading to 7 Days, there was a war involving weapons that can decimate a population, leave heavy building damage, but not fully topple the structures. The Burnt biome contains few structures, and was likely originally the forest biome. But for some reason, the land never recovers. As if some radiation or other mechanism is stopping the natural order.

This take us to the next topic Zombie Types:

There are a few special infected, but we'll talk about them next. I'd like to first point to the appearance of radiated zombies that not only remain "undead", but regenerate to that decrepit state. Maybe these zombies are a clue as to why the Burnt forest stays dead as well. Almost as if it's also regenerating to a dead state. Is this radiation or some type of infection? Maybe both?

As mentioned before, there's also several types of special infected: Crawlers, Jumpers, Fat Cops, Demolisher, Dire Wolves, Zombie bears and Infected Vultures. Each of them has individual traits, likely related to their lives before the change. (Except the crawlers, that may have lost limbs after transforming) It is interesting that only a few animals can be turned into zombies. I don't think this tells us much.

Zombie Behavior:

Zombies essentially come in two flavors: Roaming or Idle. 

The roaming zombies move about the world searching for humans or animals to eat. They seem to either require nutrients or enjoy eating. After walking around long enough without eating, these zombies have been shown to drop dead.

Now the idle zombies don't move until some meal comes real close or enough noise to indicate a meal is equally close. It's likely that zombies go into a sleeper state to avoid dying to hunger. This way they can preserve energy for longer. 

Conclusion:

Does this means Zombies are still alive, infected humans? I'd say so, but perhaps something went wrong during the following armed conflict that led to the irradiation of some, causing horrible monstrosities to appear. (Like Radiated Wights)

The timeline looks to be, that some infection, that affected some animals and humans began to turn people into man eating monsters. To contain this, nuclear weapons were used. However, this led to a nuclear war that wiped out civilization. The scarred remains of society are all that's left, alone with a few survivors, and a horde of mutated, infected humans.

So, on my next playthrough, I plan on working on the cure. I think if I can convert the burnt forest to a fertile ground again, I will be on the first steps to success. 

Wish me luck! 😎😂

Archived