Slow up ladders

Taylia20

Just wanting to know if anyone is having a problem with the steel ladders. My partner and I both play and both have the same issue when going up and down a long ladder we go very slow. ( Jumping up is faster). Currently in the stable release Alpha 19. To try and fix this I have removed as many blocks as possible and put them back, different types of ladder i.e wood, iron... still nothing works. There are no zombies that use then because it's a custom built bunker and only we use them.  Sometimes when loading back into the game having been away for a while we can go up them faster at an angle. It's very strange and it's a bit bother when Trying to up fast . Please let me know if there is anything I can do or any suggestions, if others have had this issue. 

1. Check to see if the frame rate is dropping as you climb.  If that is the case, drop the detail for distant objects. (high ladder with a bird's eye view)

2. Check your armor and see if you have movement reduction slowing you down can also be a problem unless you have perks to reduce the penalty. (heavy armor with lack of mods/perks)

3. Maybe the angle your camera is facing making you go slower?   Look up the ladder as straight up as you can to see if that speeds you up.

Hard to tell what could be making it feel slow to you for ladders.  But hopefully, one of the three options might help.

Archived