onscreen sprite help please?

Qzwx420

hi im very new to this...

i dont like he new onscreen sprite system, i think the compass is enough of a tool without having to be taken by the hand with onscreen clutter, anyways... so i found a video explaining how to use (<!-- -->) function in a code line to keep stuff from appearing (i have absolutly no knowledge about coding and isnt something i strive for but this game works like this...) so i canceled every onscreen lines i could find in the nav_objects folder and yet i still have that pesky yellow circle around the area where the treasure is buried, im afraid that circle is tied in with the compass settings but i still want that treasure icon on the compass...

can anyone help me find how to disable the onscreen circle area for the buried treasure quests, and would there be an easier way to code the game so it ignores all onscreen sprite lines instead of doing them individually with (<!-- -->) ?

7 hours ago, Qzwx420 said:

hi im very new to this...

i dont like he new onscreen sprite system, i think the compass is enough of a tool without having to be taken by the hand with onscreen clutter, anyways... so i found a video explaining how to use (<!-- -->) function in a code line to keep stuff from appearing (i have absolutly no knowledge about coding and isnt something i strive for but this game works like this...) so i canceled every onscreen lines i could find in the nav_objects folder and yet i still have that pesky yellow circle around the area where the treasure is buried, im afraid that circle is tied in with the compass settings but i still want that treasure icon on the compass...

can anyone help me find how to disable the onscreen circle area for the buried treasure quests, and would there be an easier way to code the game so it ignores all onscreen sprite lines instead of doing them individually with (<!-- -->) ?

Hi Qzwx420

Check out this part for the circle area,it's in nav_objects.xml.

<nav_object_class name="treasure_direct">
            <property name="requirement_type" value="MinimumTreasureRadius" />

Hope this helps you.

On 8/20/2020 at 7:44 PM, Gouki said:

Hi Qzwx420

Check out this part for the circle area,it's in nav_objects.xml.

<nav_object_class name="treasure_direct">
            <property name="requirement_type" value="MinimumTreasureRadius" />

Hope this helps you.

could you explain to me how to cancel that feature as i tried cancelling the onscreen part like i did to every other item which worked, now i saw what you had said and i tried cancelling the whole treasure_direct part and game wouldnt load and got errors... where do i need to put the <!-- --> command ?

3 hours ago, Qzwx420 said:

could you explain to me how to cancel that feature as i tried cancelling the onscreen part like i did to every other item which worked, now i saw what you had said and i tried cancelling the whole treasure_direct part and game wouldnt load and got errors... where do i need to put the <!-- --> command ?

Sorry it does not work, I have tested it in various ways and it does not work, I think it can be harcoded, again sorry.

Archived