Dedicated server question

Kitsune

Hello! I was wondering if anyone here has successfully set up a stable 30+ player dedicated server, and if so what kind of hardware are you using? I'm currently playing on a friends DS but it seems like as soon as we get 25+ people the server experiences a lot of problems with everything from people randomly getting disconnected to vehicles duplicating to game stuttering. Thanks in advance for any input! :) (If anyone was wondering his dedicated server is a  4c8t i7 7700 / 16gb ram / SSD)

Max supported player count is 8. Max stable is 20, though I have managed 30 stable with fast drives. Over 30 will not last.

The hardware I use for testing is a Dell PowerEdge R710 with two X5680 CPU's at 3.03GHz (12C/24T). It has 80GB ECC 1600MHz RAM in quad-channel, and we're using 4 Evo 860's in RAID-0 for the servers and save data. OS is on a separate drive. Max bandwidth of the drives is 50GB/s read, and 45GB/s write though the dedicated RAID controller. 

I did also test this on a desktop with a Ryzen 9 3900X @ 4.25GHz, 32GB 3200Mhz RAM, and NVMe drives with a max bandwidth of 26GB/s. It was no different. 

Your issue is that the drive and core system is not fast enough to keep up with the data being managed and written to the drives. With that hardware you should stop at 12-16 people, though you may be able to run 20 if you put another SSD in and RAID them.

Archived