How to make stone axes do "zero" damage vs metal?

Palad1n

I am honestly surprised TFP hasn't set this as default, as MM has flat out stated several times how Stone Axes shouldn't be able to break open safes, but yet on their dev stream, they do it day 1. 

I searched around for a bit but unable to find an existing mod that sets all stone tools vs any metal to zero damage. 

Also looking for a way to set stone tools so they do very little damage vs stone... I mean, common sense here, why would Stone vs Stone yield net positive results?? o.O 

The goal here is to make stone tools useful for breaking down wood, and simple digging, but not effective when yout hit stone and zero effectiveness vs any type of metal. 

This would require Iron tools as the norm to use for digging into rock, iron, etc, or breaking into safes. 

Can anyone point me to a mod that does this or possibly create a modlet for these tasks listed above? 

TY

The values your looking for are in the items.xml the stone axe is listed as meleeToolRepairT0StoneAxe. 

<passive_effect name="DamageModifier" operation="perc_add" value="-.33" tags="stone"/>
<passive_effect name="DamageModifier" operation="perc_add" value="-.5" tags="metal"/>

If you play single player you can just edit these values in the xml until you get the desired effect.  Or you could make a modlet using something similar to this.

<set xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeToolRepairT0StoneAxe']/effect_group/passive_effect[@tags='stone']/@value">-.33</set>
<set xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeToolRepairT0StoneAxe']/effect_group/passive_effect[@tags='metal']/@value">-.55</set>

You would need to adjust the values as the ones shown are default. 

Here's a basic modlet that should do what your asking. StoneAxeNerf.zip

Archived