A19 - SMG Turret accuracy (or complete lack thereof)

Kazgrel

Wondering if anyone else has observed this, or maybe this was an intentional change I missed:

SMG turrets, often a cornerstone of our crafting base builds to ward off screamers and occasional wandering hordes while we tended to crafting duties, aren't able to hit the broad side of a barn as of A19.  I've adjusted them to the point where they almost point directly down (to minimize them trying to hit targets from far away) and I've yet to see them manage to kill a screamer before she got to our base.

One caveat/difference between our A19 playthroughs and previous alphas, though:  We've gone from Warrior to Insane difficulty.  Yeah, zombies are gonna take more hits to kill, but these turrets are literally missing targets that are standing still.

FWIW, we swapped out our SMG turrets for shotgun turrets (aimed inward at base door/walls) and those take care of the screamers with 3-4 hits tops.  Only good we've seen the SMG turrets do is at our horde base, where they are set up for buzzard killing duty, which they handle fine...yet shooting a stationary target on the ground completely baffles them.

Archived