RWG Worlds Only Generating 4k [Alpha19]

NeddyTheNoodle

Hey everyone. I'm a bit lost at this point and have been dealing with this issue since Alpha 17 or 18 and it still occurs. Even though in my ServerConfig,xml I have had the WorldGenSize set to 8192 and 12288 separately, it generates a world that only has the bottom left 1/4th of the map. The North & East sides are fully cut off, completely straight, into the ocean. I can still scroll around in the map menu for a while but everything outside of this tiny quarter of island is ocean. Because of this, in my 8k world I only have a screwy, tiny island, and 12k I have a slightlly larger screwy, tiny island. I haven't seen anyone reporting this issue and I haven't seen it happen anywhere else. Keep in mind, I'm running a dedicated server which I generated from SteamCMD. I would appreciate any help, thank you!

20200711013832_1.jpg

9 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

Known issue with dedicated server build, and also occurs in the client with some seeds. 

Make the map on the client, and then copy it to the server.

Would you be able to tell me where the SP maps are located? I'm not entirely familiar with it. Thanks.

EDIT: Nvm, found it. Would you by any chance know how to change the maximum size you can generate a world in SP? The only options are 4k and 8k, what if I wanted to do 10k or 12k?

Thanks!

6 hours ago, NeddyTheNoodle said:

Would you by any chance know how to change the maximum size you can generate a world in SP? The only options are 4k and 8k, what if I wanted to do 10k or 12k?

I believe this is configured in the UI settings. RedEagle has a mod that allows for more size options in the client.

Archived