Can we disable GameSparks on dedicated server?

I am getting frequent "Gamesparks Disconected" / "GameSparks Reconnected" messages on my windoze dedicated server.  Is there a way to turn this off?  I copied the launcher over and unchecked GameSparks but it didn't seem to change anything.

Is there an "official" way to disable GameSparks on the server?

Thanks!

2020-07-10T22:54:19 1795.748 INF [GSM] GameSparks Disconnected
2020-07-10T22:54:20 1796.648 INF [GSM] GameSparks Connected

2 minutes ago, SylenThunder said:

The dedicated server isn't sending data to GameSparks. I'm not aware of any option to turn it off for the dedi client.  If it were sending something, they would have added something, but I'm not seeing any arguments for it.

If I understand correctly, the purpose of GameSparks is to collect user metrics.  Either you need it on every player client, or just the server.  Both is just extra overhead on the server (or the client), no?  I just don't like the idea of processes making network requests that aren't needed.  Call me crazy!  🙃

Just seemed weird I couldn't find the switch to turn it off (since there is one in the client launcher) so I thought I'd ask.  Thanks for the response SylenThunder!

It's sending data from the clients, and not from the server. Not sure why it exists and is connecting from the server unless they have plans to add server-side statistics to it later.  

The tool has extremely low overhead.  If you're at a point where you can notice an impact from the amount of overhead required for the tool to operate, you are below the minimum specifications to be running the client or server. 😋

Archived