More customization for players

TheSponyX

Hello! I'd like (with many other players) more customization freedom when it comes to making our characters. Currently alpha 19 is being worked on and some entity graphics have improved. I suppose the Fun Pims are working to improve all entity graphics in the near future, including the playable characters. I have done a topic similar to this in the past but now I have some pictures I'd like to share (from alpha 13, 16 and 18).

(I will split this into multiple posts because of the 50MB limit/post)

a13_player_dressed.png

18_dressed.png

a13_survivor.png

a18_survivor.png

a13_player_naked.png

a18_naked.png

a13_player_naked_outside.png

a18_otuside.png

In alpha 13, we had the freedom to customize particular body parts, in these examples I have made the character to stand out by his broad shoulders and big arms, compared to alpha 18 which is just a rectangle.

a13_player_side.png

a18_side.png

a13_player_back.png

a18_back.png

a13_male_stats.png

a18 male stats.png

There was also height customization which affected 1st person view which I think it is also a nice touch the game used to have. (Short in picture 1 and 3, tall in picture 2 and 4.)

a13_male_short3.png

a13_player_dressed.png

a13_male_short.png

a13_looking_straight_male.png

And the cherry on top before moving to the female character, the meme guy with short arms:

a13_meme.png

For the female character, I will compare alpha 13, alpha 16 and alpha 18 versions (please forgive the alpha 18 without clothes version, I forgot to take that so I took it in a corner of a house rn):

a13_female_dressed.png

a16_female_dressed2.png

a18_female_dressed2.png

a13_female_naked.png

a16_female_naked.png

a18_derp.png

a13_female_stats.png

a16_female_stats.png

a18 female stats.png

Comparison to the zombies in 1st and 3rd person + outside view:

a13_female_decayed.png

a16_female_decayed.png

a18_female_decayed.png

a13_female_1st_person.png

a16_female_1st_person.png

a18_female_1st_person.png

a13_female_outside.png

a16_female_outside.png

a18_female_outside.png

More undressed comparisons... You can see how I have aimed in alpha 13 for a small waist, wide hips and slim legs. (That's my personal preference with women.) If I want to make a female character so hot I won't need a campfire to make charred meat, I should be able to.

a13_female_back.png

a16_female_back.png

a18_female_back.png

a13_female_side.png

a16_female_side.png

a18_female_side.png

In the end all I want to say is that it's better to not give someone something, than give it and take it back. And with alpha 19 from the looks of things trying to overhaul entity graphics, it would be a shame to not bring these features back in the game when the playable characters will receive a visual rework.

yeah i'd have to agree with you there. I have absolutely no idea why they removed advanced customization. also i have to say, with the texture overhauls that they're doing it's a shame that in early alphas the textures for clothes were actually natural, and now in a19 it's low poly.

a18_female_more2.thumb.png.5303dafda83d6079cf3939a3f3b773fe.png

Archived