[Request] Personal Notebook or Diary

Kalara

I did a search on these forums for these keywords, but didn't find any results towards what I mean. Basically I would like a kind of personal notebook or diary. A thing where you could take down notes ingame. I can understand on the map, you only can place one waymarker. And I'm fine with that. I am playing a nomadic playstyle, basically exploring random gen, building a temporary shelter, explore the area, store some stuff and then move on to the next area. As I have shelters all over the map now, I would be nice to have a sort of notebook where I could write down (or add) the coordinates in. Clicking the coordinates would then take me to that location on the map, where I can place the waymarker. So I could write down the locations of the bases, or POI's I've seen, .... Of course this would be an addition more suited to my kind of playstyle, but then again, might be useful for others too?

[QUOTE=QicCa;125382]Actually, this kind of notebooks could serve as map or location sharing feature as well...[/QUOTE] Hmm didn't think of that, but yes, that might be a nice addition aswell. Or on a PvP server, have a trap waiting at the coordinates :friendly_wink:

I would like to add that maybe it could be extended to allow the writing of notes that you can read from your inventory? Would be fun to have the ability for players on coop servers to craft mail box's and then leave "letters" (notes) for each other to read. *Weather its rain, snow or zombies the Apocalyptic Post will NEVER fail ! *except in the case of being turned into the undead. In this even it is the recipients responsibility to hunt down the Currier to retrieve their mail.

[QUOTE=Robert Skywalker;125506]Might belong in Pimp Dreams though btw.[/QUOTE] Oh indeed it does. I'm so used to see 'Suggestions' as a subforum I didn't think about putting it here. Thank you whoever moved it! I also feel that adding a journal/diary is a bit more 'immersive' in the whole survivalist playstyle. Ofcourse you could implement multiple waypoints on the map that you can tag, but I feel more can be done with a journal like the great additions you guys are posting. So thank you for that!

Archived