Q. My own POIs not loading into RGW

Hi,

I've bumbled my way through various YT vids and tutorials to create a few of  my own POIs and successfully manged to manually load and save them into RGW.

However, whenever I generate a world (either 4096 or 8192) none of my POIs are automatically getting loaded in. (I've created around 10 worlds so far).

Is this working as intended and the only way to get them in is to manually load and save them or have I just not bumbled enough yet?

I have ticked most options in the 'Prefab Properties' (burnt, commercial, downtown, etc). Using current Alpha 19.4 (b4).

Any help appreciated.

4 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Did you remember to modify your rwgmixer.xml file as well?  You have to enter references to your POIs in there either directly to the file or via a modlet.

Nope! 

Right, I'm off to bumble some more.

Thanks for the direction.

It took me the best part of 2 days but I've managed to get my POIs loading into RGW now. Mostly.

I'd really like to create a RGW with my selected POIs guaranteed to load and to only to load one instance each. I've tried a few different tags...

<prefab name="mypoi" min_count="1" max_count="1" /> doesn't seem to load hardly ever (are these correct tags?)

<prefab name="mypoi1" max_count="1" /> this rarely loads (I guess due to lots of other POIs listed in this particular group)

<prefab name="mypoi2" prob="0.18" max_count="1" /> 

How does the prob tag work? Is prob="1" 100% guaranteed to load?

Again, any help appreciated.

1 minute ago, GhostChilli said:

It took me the best part of 2 days but I've managed to get my POIs loading into RGW now. Mostly.

I'd really like to create a RGW with my selected POIs guaranteed to load and to only to load one instance each. I've tried a few different tags...

<prefab name="mypoi" min_count="1" max_count="1" /> doesn't seem to load hardly ever (are these correct tags?)

<prefab name="mypoi1" max_count="1" /> this rarely loads (I guess due to lots of other POIs listed in this particular group)

<prefab name="mypoi2" prob="0.18" max_count="1" /> 

How does the prob tag work? Is prob="1" 100% guaranteed to load?

Again, any help appreciated.

Alot of the rwgmixer.xml is a WIP with some functionality not even working anymore which makes it even harder to figure out.

There are/were min_count or max_count variables but last I tested them, they were not always 100% reliable.

If you havent figured it out yet, everytimenyou generate a new world, file for it including a list of all prefabs that are spawned in it.

This folder is saved in your c:/users/ directory under your appdata/7days2die .../generated worlds folder.  (Going off memory here so syntax is probably off slightly)

Archived