XUI issue

Ninjou

I have an issue where I installed a few mods to play with friends. Most of the text in the game now displays XUI before most texts in the game. I'm very new to modding in general and am wondering what I can do to fix this or if anyone has had a similar issue. 

The mods that I installed are as follows
War of the Walkers

Drs Auto Turret System

JRB Zombie Loot Drop

Slightly Shorter Zombie Melee Range

Hoard 30k

ANY help at all would be appreciated, the game plays just fine like this and isn't that big of a deal but I'm just curious as to what would cause an issue like that. Like I said, I'm super new to the modding thing and just looking to learn something. Thank you!

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

I ran into a similar issue before and first I thought it was a broken Localization.txt. It turned out it happened because I was trying to use a mod for Alpha 17 in Alpha 18 and it simply wasn't updated to be used in Alpha 18 yet. I'm pretty sure Drconfused or "Drs" for short didn't update all of his mods from Alpha 17 to Alpha 18, so that Drs Auto Turret System might be the one causing you this issue. Try to remove that mod and see if the game still has any problems without it. Oh, if you made any manual changes in Localization.txt and / or Localization - Quest.txt, you may need to undo those changes before trying again without this mod, because in Alpha 17 there was a lot of manual editing of those files needed whereas in Alpha 18 the game *should* handle the localizations for you automatically.

Sorry, it's been a couple days since I've been able to play around with it. I took out the Drs Auto Turret Mod and it didn't change anything with the current issue. I hadn't changed anything with localization.txt or Quest.txt files either. The ODD thing is, I'm the odd one out. I have 3 other friends who installed these mods the exact same way and I'm the only one having the error. Like I said before, not a big deal, it's just so perplexing and I'm curious WHY it's doing it for me and not my friends lol

Have you tried to verify the integrity of the game files? Try to do that when you get a chance. Before installing any mods, you need to make sure that your game copy is a clean copy with no errors in itself, meaning that it works properly as it should before any of those mods are installed and then try to add one mod by another to find which one is causing that issue, but since you're using War of Walkers mod which is really an overhaul and as such it's meant to be played alone as it does change a lot of stuff and may be in conflict with other mods that you may want to install along with it, I do suspect that might be the issue here. Sometimes, changing the mod load order makes difference too.

Sorry it took a couple days to get back to you, finally had a chance to sit down and putz around with it! I installed them on a friends laptop today and it went perfectly smooth, and couldn't for the life of me figure out where I went wrong with mine. So I did as you said and uninstalled/reinstalled with a clean copy, then did everything one at a time, booting each time to check if the game still ran. Lo and behold, it worked PERFECTLY! Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out, you're a blessing! 

Archived