Supporting the devs.

Ilovepigees

We should all. Be supporting the devs throughout this time that console can not get any updates, the PC version needs to pull in more money before Xbox and PS4 can get anymore updates. I'm going to buy 7 days to die on the PC to support them. I think that you all should too. I am not a PC player but I want to help them. This will give them more money, and more money means faster updates. For console and PC

How exactly will buying a PC copy help the console versions when as far as I know TFP don't have any console dev experience? Also it's been stated numerous times before that current consoles can't handle the game so the current versions won't see updates.

11 hours ago, Jellyman1995 said:

How exactly will buying a PC copy help the console versions when as far as I know TFP don't have any console dev experience? Also it's been stated numerous times before that current consoles can't handle the game so the current versions won't see updates.

You are correct that the current version will not receive any more updates. I would love to see them get the last patch that Iron Galaxy was almost done with pushed out to the console, but it would require dumping literal millions into something that will get zero real return.

However after the PC game is finished, they could hire Iron Galaxy to port the finished game to the new consoles. Again, doing this will require several million dollars in up-front investment. TFP has indicated that they would like to accomplish this though, and appear to be quite keen on following through with it.

Why would I want to waste money on a platform that I won't play on for a developer that can't balance its money around? I highly doubt that the PC will ever go "gold", the devs can't even agree on what the UI should look like, they've changed the UI at least five times to the point that it doesn't tell you anything. It's funny how modders can come up with a better UI than what the official devs can come up with.

Archived