Need help with wiring motion sensors please!

ladybetty

I'm having trouble getting a Steel Garage Door 5x3 (Powered) properly hooked up to motion sensors. My current set up is Generator > Motion Sensor (inside) > Motion Sensor (outside) > Garage Door.

The problem I'm having is that as soon as the connection has power, the door opens even if no one is standing in the sensor beams, and does not close. I've tried adding power relays to the cameras, I've tried adding a switch in the connection. I swear I've watched every video google has directed me to and I can't figure out why the door isn't closing (or even why it doesn't at least close when it initially gets power - there's no one in the sensors!).

Please help, I'm losing my mind.

Maybe it's an issue with the garage door. I'd have to go look at what relays we used. We were just using the regular doors though.

Ok, just tested. It's Generator > Sensor > Sensor > Relay (not timed) > Powered garage door.

Works with both the rolling door, and the one that swings open. Have to make the (powered) model.

Maybe it's an issue with the garage door. I'd have to go look at what relays we used. We were just using the regular doors though.

Ok, just tested. It's Generator > Sensor > Sensor > Relay (not timed) > Powered garage door.

Works with both the rolling door, and the one that swings open. Have to make the (powered) model.

Yep, that's what I have set up currently. I don't understand why it's not working >_<

Archived