Teleporting

Udigom

Perhaps this is a dumb question, but you never learn if you are afraid to ask! What, or where do I find the command to let people on my server use /setbase, /tele etc., I have installed alloc's, botman and BCManager on my server but there is no documentation on how to use any of them, just a list of commands. Any help I would appreciate.

1) Look for .local/share/7DaysToDie/Saves/serveradmin.xml . If it is a linux server and you or your management scripts didn't change the location for saves you would find it there

2) Locate where your saves are stored. There should be a file called serveradmin.xml inside.

3) Whatever your operating system is you could be able to search your disk for any files called "serveradmin.xml". One of them is the right one (there might be more than one because of the management scripts or you having changed the location of your saves

1) Look for .local/share/7DaysToDie/Saves/serveradmin.xml . If it is a linux server and you or your management scripts didn't change the location for saves you would find it there

2) Locate where your saves are stored. There should be a file called serveradmin.xml inside.

3) Whatever your operating system is you could be able to search your disk for any files called "serveradmin.xml". One of them is the right one (there might be more than one because of the management scripts or you having changed the location of your saves

Yes I am aware of where the file is on my computer, but what is the command to allow players to access the teleport menu? Thanks so much for your help.

Just add those commands to the permissions section of serveradmin.xml with a permission_level of 1000. Anyone on your server has per default a permission_level of 1000 and can therefore execute all the commands listed there (and not commented out). This is explained in the commment lines at the head of serveradmin.xml. Only "THE ENTRIES BELOW ARE EXAMPLES THAT ARE NOT ACTIVE!!!" seems not to be true anymore.

Just add those commands to the permissions section of serveradmin.xml with a permission_level of 1000. Anyone on your server has per default a permission_level of 1000 and can therefore execute all the commands listed there (and not commented out). This is explained in the commment lines at the head of serveradmin.xml. Only "THE ENTRIES BELOW ARE EXAMPLES THAT ARE NOT ACTIVE!!!" seems not to be true anymore.

Thank you for your patience with me. So, with botman installed, all players on my server should be able to use /setbase and /home commands, correct? But they *cannot*. Nor can I, as the server admin. When I type "/setbase" in the chat window I get no response from botman. I know that botman is installed properly because it tells me when anyone logs into the game via the world chat. I edited the serveradmin.xml file with this line, "<permission cmd="setbase" permission_level="1000" /> and nothing is happening.

When I log into any other server that is a 7 days to die server, and they are running botman, I am able to use the commands such as /setbase to delineate my base location, and wherever I am on the map I just type /home and I am teleported back to my base. Again, I am using these commands as a player, not an admin. Now, I have my own hosted server and I have installed botman and according to the docs at https://botman.nz/teleport-commands, all players should be able to use these teleport commands. But they cannot.

Sorry, didn't see your comment until now. If your issue got fixed in the meantime, great. If not, I would suggest asking server admins who use botman what they did to make it work, i.e. whether they had to do a manual step or whether botman changed the serveradmin.xml or some library automatically.

PS: You can't be sure botman was installed properly. It could be installed just partly so that the chat message works but not the integration of the additional commands.

PPS: there is a support thread for botman in this forum: https://forums.7daystodie.com/forum/...t-thread/page2

Archived