Buildings on large hills or falling from the skies?

Bilious

I just started playing 7 Days to Die a week ago, and I love it. I thought I would give Darkness Falls a try, so I used the Mod Launcher to install it. I have updated all files, and made sure to download the game from Steam through the launcher. I've had a couple of exception errors which I fixed by updating Sphere Core mod.

This may seem like a bizarre question, but when I play Darkness Falls or the Darkness Falls experimental, are all buildings that aren't destroyed including trading posts, houses, etc. supposed to be on top of large hills? I can't get to them without building stairs from wood frames or building a tower by jumping on the frames. This has happened in all games but the latest new game (all on 8x8 large map). In this game, I can see the buildings in the distance in the sky, but when I get close, they start to crumble piece by piece because they are unsupported by any terrain. WTH am I doing wrong?

the Mod launcher gives you the option of downloading a brand new copy of the game or to copy your existing version. I would suggest doing a full clean and verify on your vanilla copy and then re-install the mod using that OR choose the option to download a new copy of the game for the mod.

if you DID already choose that second option then I’ve got nothing. Also this belongs either in the Dark was Falls thread or the questions and requests thread in the modding section. Moving it.

Archived