Using set time do you?

jebblue

I have used set time successfully in A18 every in game night for over 50 hours play time and no errors or issues.

Why was my Steam thread blocked with no further discussion on the matter.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/251570/discussions/0/2646360366311101795/

- - - Updated - - -

For that matter I've seen it used on several A18 servers as well with no errors or issues.

SP isnt so bad. Ive had a few things happen from that list in SP.. but on a server, its a completely different story... Seen most of those things happen in some form on a server when doing ST. No point in a newer player doing the command, screwing the server up and being forced to wipe, then go rage on a forum or to server players or something... ST doesnt just change the number on the time. It messes with (as stated) horde night timers, plant growth timers, all kinds of stuff...

I have used set time successfully in A18 every in game night for over 50 hours play time and no errors or issues.

Why was my Steam thread blocked with no further discussion on the matter.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/251570/discussions/0/2646360366311101795/

- - - Updated - - -

For that matter I've seen it used on several A18 servers as well with no errors or issues. The Steam moderators need moderating.

The Steam thread was locked because this is bad advice.

Every single time you run this command, you risk completely screwing up one of the following things.

• BloodMoon Spawns
  • Forge Timers
  • Loot respawn timers
  • Biome respawn timers (includes animal spawns)
  • Plant growth timers
  • Trader restock timers
  • Main.ttw file containing the core data for your save game.

Because of the extremely large chance for using the command to affect any or all of these items, it is very strongly recommended NOT to EVER run it.

You were told this already, yet you insist on persisting with the bad information.

SP isnt so bad. Ive had a few things happen from that list in SP.. but on a server, its a completely different story... Seen most of those things happen in some form on a server when doing ST. No point in a newer player doing the command, screwing the server up and being forced to wipe, then go rage on a forum or to server players or something... ST doesnt just change the number on the time. It messes with (as stated) horde night timers, plant growth timers, all kinds of stuff...

Disagree, with over 50 hours of experience in A18 doing it, every in game night. It may have been bad advice in previous versions, never tried it that I can recall in those.

Archived