Help Editing Zombie Melee XML file

So i wanted to make zombies maintain player damage while reducing block damage but maintaining door damage still. So as a result I came up with this and i thought it was working until I took a closer look into it testing in game. Can someone help me figure out where I went wrong and why its not working? yellow is what i add/edited. The second edited line in yellow I messed arounf with changing it to match the above line with "BlockDamage" instead of "DamageBlock" but that only seemed to confuse the game.

<item name="meleeHandZombie01">

<property name="Extends" value="meleeHandMaster"/>

<property name="CreativeMode" value="None"/>

<property class="Action0">

<property name="DamageEntity" value="10"/>

<property name="DamageBlock" value="2"/>

<property name="Buff" value="buffInjuryBleedingZombie,buffInfectionCatch,buffInjuryStunned01"/>

</property>

<effect_group name="meleeHandZombie01" tiered="false">

<passive_effect name="BlockDamage" operation="base_add" value="6" tags="door"/>

<passive_effect name="ModSlots" operation="base_set" value="0"/>

<passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="base_set" value="10"/> <!-- this passive is ignored so using the old notation! -->

<!--<passive_effect name="AttacksPerMinute" operation="base_set" value="75"/> A16 .8 -->

<passive_effect name="BuffProcChance" operation="base_set" value=".15" tags="buffInjuryBleedingZombie"/>

<passive_effect name="BuffProcChance" operation="base_set" value=".10" tags="buffInfectionCatch"/>

<passive_effect name="BuffProcChance" operation="base_set" value=".15" tags="buffInjuryStunned01"/>

<!-- If the buffInfectionCatch buff makes it past buff resistance, this value is added to the infectionCounter, increasing infection level -->

<!-- Buckets are: -->

<!--InfectionRegular--><!--InfectionFeral--><!--InfectionRadiated--><!--InfectionSpecial-->

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfDamagedOther" action="ModifyCVar" target="other" cvar="infectionZombieHit" operation="set" value="30"/><!--InfectionRegular-->

</effect_group>

</item>

I don't remember, but maybe you should try in this case to change the operation to perc_set, perc_add..., often it works.

And try to change passive_effect name="BlockDamage" to "DamageModifier" in this line.

Or directly specify the number of damadge with the tag in the first line, like:

<property name="DamageBlock" value="8" tags="door"/>

would you be able to explain to me how the "count" works in the traders xml. I want to add gas to the trader but limit the amount he carries. I cant make sense of how to do this. See as how i wanted him to carry between 500 and 10000 always so i did this and its clearly not how count works as the trader almost always had over 10000 for sale and sometimes he didnt even sell any

<trader_item_group name="traderAlways" count="all">

<item name="resourceGunPowder" count="25,25"/> <!-- 10 -->

<item name="ammoGasCan" count="500,10000"/>

<item group="ammo" count="3"/>

<item group="ammoSupplies" count="2"/>

<item name="resourcePotassiumNitratePowder" count="2,5"/> <!-- 10 -->

<item group="foodAll" count="1,3"/>

</trader_item_group>

I have never worked with traders - i deleted them.

But the reason you get more than you need is the fetch happens multiple times from the parent group or on this line if your code doesn't sit in another group:

<trader_info id="1" full_reset="true" min_inventory="10" max_inventory="20" min_items_swapped="10" max_items_swapped="10" reset_interval="3" open_time="6:05" close_time="21:50">

(you may need to accurately calculate the total amount you can get...but i'm not sure.)

Archived