Editing "Motherlode" and "SalvageOperations" Perk Give Reset Progression Bug?

LuckyOwl

So, i have lost hours of progress because i unknowingly edited the perk benefits so it could give me more resources. For example:

In motherlode perk, under "effect group", i edited the HarvestCount:

<passive_effect name="HarvestCount" operation="perc_add" level="1,5" value=".2,1" tags="oreWoodHarvest"/>

to

<passive_effect name="HarvestCount" operation="perc_add" level="1,5" value="20,10" tags="oreWoodHarvest"/>

In SalvageOperation perk, also under "effect group", i edited the HarvestCount:

<passive_effect name="HarvestCount" operation="perc_add" level="1,5" value="20,10" tags="salvageHarvest"/>

to

<passive_effect name="HarvestCount" operation="perc_add" level="1,5" value="20,10" tags="salvageHarvest"/>

This gave me plenty of resource and i played several hours fine with it. However, after i exited the game and restarted it all progressions are lost! I was back at square one (level 1). Also, the game suddenly opened a console and gives this "entity" error something.

Could someone kindly enough to tell me what i did wrong? And how to properly edit the perk so it could give me more resources?

Thank you so much in advance

PS: I also use: instantcrafting, zombielootdrop, quasi quicker scrapping, simple UI biggerbackpack, simple UI toolbelt, itemstack30k, and craftingingredientreducer mods.

The value specified is a percentage increase ("perc_add" means percentage_add) and the first value is for perk level 1 and the second value for perk level 5. The game interpolates the values inbetween.

So originally motherlode had harvest count at perk level 1 increased by 0.2 aka 20%, 0.4 aka 40% at perk level 2 up to 1 aka 100% at perk level 5

You changed it so it would be 2000% increase at perk level 1 and 1800% increase at perk level 2. Notice that your increase is descending instead of increasing. Just a guess: That might not be supported by the game, it might have problems calculating the values between perk level 1 and 5. Even if not its probably not what you want :cocksure:

Archived