Let the raped land bloom again!

Ampere

I often saw gathered fields about 100 *100 blocks without a tree. That looks terrible and you can not build there anything because of missing material wood. I think it would by nice if trees would left a stump and after some days they bloom again to a new tree. But the stump should have the same behavior as grass so it would no be somebody in the way while building a base. That would be also nice for flowers and for berries. Especially blueberries could left a bush without fruits. After some days the fruit grows again. I also think when a tree was cut down it should drop wood seeds and also sticks!

[QUOTE=Ampere;123271] I also think when a tree was cut down it should drop wood seeds [/QUOTE] I'm not a dev but I am going to use my incredible influence to grant you this wish immediately. Guaranteed the next time you play this will be in the game. You're welcome. :)

You do realize it is an infinite world now. If you are running out of trees, or raping any land... something is wrong. There is plenty of untouched land on the fully populated server i play on. If your biome is void of trees cause you cut them all down. Replant them or go to any of the millions of biomes next to you.

[QUOTE=CongoBongo;123578]You do realize it is an infinite world now. If you are running out of trees, or raping any land... something is wrong. There is plenty of untouched land on the fully populated server i play on. If your biome is void of trees cause you cut them all down. Replant them or go to any of the millions of biomes next to you.[/QUOTE] Yes yes, you were right. I could go in one direction for 500 Blocks and there were thousands of untouched trees. But I think it is simply a question of time and there is no wood remaining. They are not renewable but plantable. In real live they are (more or less) renewable. Let´s assume the server is running for 1000 in game days and hundreds of player spawn in closed up range to the maps point of origin, (I always spawned in a range outside of 1000N 1000W to 1000S to 1000E) there will not remain a tree and later spawned players discover a cleared land. I planed to build a fortress out of wood. Replant is just eyewash because its a transfer from one side to another. It is my opinion that forest clearing should be compensated. I very often saw servers with huge areas without any wood.

[QUOTE=Ampere;123595]In real live they are (more or less) renewable. [/QUOTE] A) 7DTD is not real, its a game. B) yes they are renewable, (by REPLANTING, which 7DTD provides for) C) deforestation is a real world problem as well, so I would say the game mirrors that possibility well. Fact is, as long as there is a nearby biome with trees, players will simply go there instead of taking the time to replant the seeds. which leads to your "raped" fields. Only option if this is a problem is to build farther away from the center, (or cart several stacks of wood back to where you want your base to be.)

[QUOTE=Ampere;123595]Yes yes, you were right. I could go in one direction for 500 Blocks and there were thousands of untouched trees. But I think it is simply a question of time and there is no wood remaining. They are not renewable but plantable. In real live they are (more or less) renewable. Let´s assume the server is running for 1000 in game days and hundreds of player spawn in closed up range to the maps point of origin, (I always spawned in a range outside of 1000N 1000W to 1000S to 1000E) there will not remain a tree and later spawned players discover a cleared land. I planed to build a fortress out of wood. Replant is just eyewash because its a transfer from one side to another. It is my opinion that forest clearing should be compensated. I very often saw servers with huge areas without any wood.[/QUOTE] Yes but in real life it would take years and years to grow a full size tree to harvest for wood. You would have to make it to day 3,650 so that ten years pass and that is still not enough to harvest trees. You are looking more like day 10,000 . So if you want to be "realistic"... you have no idea if the tree will repopulate the land yet because you havent made it that far in the game. Also what about the flowers? I would think those should repopulate as well, on a much quicker turn around time then a tree would. But they dont. Its part of the game mechanics to get you out and exploring. And oh boy what a world it is... so many cool things to see (especially in the green biomes)

[QUOTE=CongoBongo;123619]Yes but in real life it would take years and years to grow a full size tree to harvest for wood. You would have to make it to day 3,650 so that ten years pass and that is still not enough to harvest trees. You are looking more like day 10,000 . So if you want to be "realistic"... you have no idea if the tree will repopulate the land yet because you havent made it that far in the game.[/QUOTE] lol this point exactly

Archived