dedicated server not working with RWG

Easy

I rent a server with gameservers.com

I was running A18 with the experimental build. after the stable build released i did a "full wipe" through their interface. I replaced the default server config file with the one from my experimental build (different seed). The server boots then crashes, i don't see any logs to tell me whats happening.... when i first boot the server I can login through telnet and i get the initial info that comes up "*** Connected with 7DTD server." then telnet gets disconnected (server crash). It seems to be something with random gen. When i changed gameworld from "RWG" to "Navezgane", everything works fine.

We prefer to play RWG.

any ideas?

I rent a server with gameservers.com

I was running A18 with the experimental build. after the stable build released i did a "full wipe" through their interface. I replaced the default server config file with the one from my experimental build (different seed). The server boots then crashes, i don't see any logs to tell me whats happening.... when i first boot the server I can login through telnet and i get the initial info that comes up "*** Connected with 7DTD server." then telnet gets disconnected (server crash). It seems to be something with random gen. When i changed gameworld from "RWG" to "Navezgane", everything works fine.

We prefer to play RWG.

any ideas?

I run a dedicated server i tested all A18 Exp and am now on A18 stable. When you use the RWG it takes longer to generate now. If you are using a 4km map allow 20 to 30 minutes for RWG if a larger map it takes a longer amount of time. I have seen some complaints on this but i can tell you the RWG is far better now then it used to be. Most roads make sense now, Terrain is better, Building placement everything. Also instead of moving and replacing File i would Recommend typing in the values you want to the Working config file to ensure your not changing something it doesnt like.

Archived