ReQuests: The Bulletin Board of Quests

Tristam

Adds a craftable Bulletin Board that distributes Quests. Read the paper and head out. Quests are turned in to the trader, as normal. You can even use multiple quests of the same type.

Credits to Red Eagle LXIX and the good folks behind Sorcery. I reversed engineered their mods to learn how to do this.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?94219-Red-Eagle-LXIX-s-A17-Modlet-Collection-(UI-Blocks-Quests)&highlight=advertisements

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?109145-Sorcery

DL: https://mega.nz/#!dI03wSCI!85a0jOqHS63F0gdwj1yOYESY8o7mdNKfPn8ucqwx5Gw

368339938_00175319y10m27d.thumb.jpg.780207016d9de32ef6f7bf92d0faa03a.jpg

2063772221_00175419y10m27d.thumb.jpg.b31120c4a394fa2a285f97ae272eba19.jpg

2121565868_00175519y10m27d.thumb.jpg.4b6138da087562e671f0a03aceb78e33.jpg

Using this, and I can accept quests fine, but none of the markers point to where they should. I'm sitting 25m away from the trader I'm supposed to talk to, and there is nothing around me at all. When I went to do a buried supply quest, the map marker was in the entirely opposite direction as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using this for a while now, and it's been really fun. I kept the mod as it is, but there were a few things I would comment on or change for myself:

- The large sign, I get that it's supposed to be standing out than the usual wooden signs, but if only there was a smaller Traitor Joel's sign to use for the bulletin. Otherwise on my next map, I would simply use a smaller size (with possible color tint) sign. Maybe it's because I don't build whole-house bases that I want a smaller sign for it.

- Buried Supplies doesn't have a T3, T4, or T5. But Fetch and Clear doesn't have a T1 for me. This does make Lucky Looter more viable now if you're running 4-5 Buried Supply quests constantly.

- Buried Supplies does not explode chests after opening them (like Supply Drops). Makes for a nice re-grab if you check it again (after whatever default loot replenish settings you have).

- Every day that you check the bulletin, there's a heck of a lot more quests. If you stack them up, or if you miss 2 consecutive days of not checking the billboard, you can get a stack of 100 quests waiting for you.

- There's no cost to buy a quest. MAYBE it could have a price range to buy, but that depends on the playstyle.

For it's core, it's extremely exciting to use and anticipate quests. Gives you something to distract you with, and you don't have to go to a trader to collect the "notices".

I've been using this for a while now, and it's been really fun. I kept the mod as it is, but there were a few things I would comment on or change for myself:

- The large sign, I get that it's supposed to be standing out than the usual wooden signs, but if only there was a smaller Traitor Joel's sign to use for the bulletin. Otherwise on my next map, I would simply use a smaller size (with possible color tint) sign. Maybe it's because I don't build whole-house bases that I want a smaller sign for it.

- Buried Supplies doesn't have a T3, T4, or T5. But Fetch and Clear doesn't have a T1 for me. This does make Lucky Looter more viable now if you're running 4-5 Buried Supply quests constantly.

- Buried Supplies does not explode chests after opening them (like Supply Drops). Makes for a nice re-grab if you check it again (after whatever default loot replenish settings you have).

- Every day that you check the bulletin, there's a heck of a lot more quests. If you stack them up, or if you miss 2 consecutive days of not checking the billboard, you can get a stack of 100 quests waiting for you.

- There's no cost to buy a quest. MAYBE it could have a price range to buy, but that depends on the playstyle.

For it's core, it's extremely exciting to use and anticipate quests. Gives you something to distract you with, and you don't have to go to a trader to collect the "notices".

I designed it with the large sign in mind because I didn't want people hiding it from teammates. It's a board meant to be shared with the group. While I have no way to keep people from making several, or hiding it away in another building or something, if someone slaps it right inside the group base I wanted everyone to know it. But there are two smaller sizes I could use. I could use any shape, really. I was considering a mail box at first, or the vending machine, before settling on it. The other reason is that I wanted it large to simulate what a bulletin board is like irl, if it were to hold all those messages.

There were no T3-5 Buried Supplies quests listed in the XML. Apparently, they only go up to T2 by design.

I didn't know about the chests not exploding, but I have no idea how to change that.

I wanted the quests to come back quickly, because I figured the length of the quests themselves would keep people from going all over the place. So I wanted notices coming back asap jic someone was taking EVERYTHING themselves and not sharing.

I considered having a cost to buy a quest, but I didn't want to punish people for using the board, or make it a mid-late game thing. Any small amount of costs to take the quest would only slow down new players-- the ones who need it the most. I figured, if someone needed something, they'd just ask and pay you, not force you to pay them to help. Though, I do also see that logic. Like a sorta guild fee for the convenience.

I'm glad you like it, and thank you for the feedback.

- - - Updated - - -

Using this, and I can accept quests fine, but none of the markers point to where they should. I'm sitting 25m away from the trader I'm supposed to talk to, and there is nothing around me at all. When I went to do a buried supply quest, the map marker was in the entirely opposite direction as well.

The game updated a few times since I originally made this, I haven't been using it so idk if it's been broken or not. I've literally done nothing but play vanilla since I made this, since I was joining a new group of friends who didn't have experience with the game yet. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Archived