Map Refresh

MMoorehead

So, i'm not sure if this has been discussed. I know at some level that the game trys to do this now with "LootRespawnDays" in the server config. I run my own little server just for fun. I love the game and look forward to the end result. But back to my point. I would like to see a setting/feature that resets POIs or better yet re-rolls them on a large scale. I know that the trader is designed to help with this at some level with the quest that reset POIs. I like to think of it as the zombies retake cleared areas or other looters set up camp in the POIs and left. What im asking for is a way for all the POIs to be "restored" or "refreshed" after X amount of days. Without wiping what a player builds. For those that play like me and like to re play areas that they have hit before. I will put together a list of ideas. PS the loot re-spawn is a bit weird. If you don't clear a lootable object out it will not reset but if you take the items out it will immediately be reset.

• Player Builds Protected by Land Claim Blocks
  • All POIs reset
  • Damage to buildings from player looting restored. (Wall Safes, and Safes) re-locked
  • Zombies restored (+more or shuffled)

P.S. I live to see hostile NPCs with guns protecting some POIs with greater loot.

What your asking for is very dangerous. I mean people could log out in a POI that they modified and log in and be stuck for instance.

Not to mention plenty of people build little bases and outposts that would be wiped out by a change like this. Lots of servers have it set up to reset certain portions of the map on a regular basis and warns people not to build in those areas for instance.

No, i agree with you 100% that is why i would like the feature built in to the game. For the average player resetting regions on their own is not that easy. We could protect player builds with bedrolls or claim blocks. This is not something i think should be run every day but maybe like once a week or 2. The server or game would save before and after and do a short shutdown. When it came back online then all the things i asked for would be good to go. Right now if you have 2 many players or if you play 2 long at some point you will run out of POIs to hit. Or if you can still hit them they will be zombie free. I just want to build in the ability for long term play.

No, i agree with you 100% that is why i would like the feature built in to the game. For the average player resetting regions on their own is not that easy. We could protect player builds with bedrolls or claim blocks. This is not something i think should be run every day but maybe like once a week or 2. The server or game would save before and after and do a short shutdown. When it came back online then all the things i asked for would be good to go. Right now if you have 2 many players or if you play 2 long at some point you will run out of POIs to hit. Or if you can still hit them they will be zombie free. I just want to build in the ability for long term play.

The issue is you can only protect 1 spot. So all those issues are very much present and its why servers that do so have to warn people not to build anything at ALL in certain areas, warn people not to log out in certain area's, etc.

Also you will NEVER run out of POI's to hit as doing quests will reset that specific POI. So there already is no issue with long term play.

As the game is set up now that might be true. But you could set it up so you could protect more then one area. Again i get you can get quests that do reset POIs. But that can only be done one at a time. I enjoy raiding areas not having to run back and forth for each reset. As i said this is an idea. Still love the game but i think i would add value.

As the game is set up now that might be true. But you could set it up so you could protect more then one area. Again i get you can get quests that do reset POIs. But that can only be done one at a time. I enjoy raiding areas not having to run back and forth for each reset. As i said this is an idea. Still love the game but i think i would add value.

From what I understand there were some limitations with applying protection to multiple areas. Hence why only the latest is active at a time. I also think the dev's wanted it to be a decision what to protect. Not just oh yeah I have 29 bases scattered around the map so i'm never more then 5 minutes from a base.

With vehicles a quest is basically never more then a minute or two from the trader who issues it, so late game there are really no issues at all.

Archived