A17.2 Seed

cthegame

I reverted back from alpha 18 to 17.2, did a clean install. When I create the RWG map i used to play in using the exact same seed as i did before, it gives me the correct map name, but the map itself is no longer the same one I used to play in, its a whole new map with just the same name.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction as to what I may be doing wrong? Not sure why im suddenly getting a different map with the same seed name. Thanks

The seed only works with the EXACT same RWG version. Any small change to the algorithms or configurations will result in a different map.

So only A 17.2 seeds will work the same in A 17.2

The reasons is, that the seed initiates the pseudo-random generator. Any small change on how the numbers are drawn and used will result in a completely new outcome. Its only deterministic if the algorithms do not change.

The seed only works with the EXACT same RWG version. Any small change to the algorithms or configurations will result in a different map.

So only A 17.2 seeds will work the same in A 17.2

The reasons is, that the seed initiates the pseudo-random generator. Any small change on how the numbers are drawn and used will result in a completely new outcome. Its only deterministic if the algorithms do not change.

So what might have caused the algorithm to change? I played that seed in a17.2 originally, then reinstalled 17.2 and now its not generating the same map.

Archived