all items broke afer new update

danielbanks

does any one know why all my items armour weapons and tools have broken after this last up date to day

(edit added comment by QA Tester-unholyjoe)

durability bar was fix/altered and this affects all saved maps... just repair once and no more issue with it.

Check the patch notes. "Many items will need to be repaired if you continue an existing game."

Do we have to restart to take advantage of most recent patch? I know this has been answered a million times and I should know it but I dont wanna!

no, you don't need to restart to recieve the changes, BUT you'll end up playing a game where new code was written on top of old code mid-game. You could very likely end up with glitches, crashes, instabilities and bugs, AND can't report any bugs you find, as they will be unreliable since you didn't restart a new game for a new patch.

If all you care about is playing the game, then no worries. You'll be able to continue, but at your own risk with potentially unforseen bugs and problems encountered.

If you are looking to play the experimental build with quality and/or playtesting in mind, then you should restart

I noticed for the experimental version you cannot opt out of updates in steam or risk going back to 17.4. So I copied the game files to another location and launch the game there instead of from steam to avoid running into issues like these. The only drawback is I won't get any updates/fixes, but keeping an eye on the forum can help gauge stability of the experimental phase. Also, you could compare the settings of the game between the copied instance and the always up-to-date. I hear recent updates have made some textures look worse...

Archived