Can't connect to any servers online

Boyo

Hi, I used to run a server on my PC that my friend would join and we played together fine with no issues in A17 but after not playing for a while I reinstalled the game to play the new A18 to play on a server hosted on my friends PC.

Several of my friends have connected to his server with no issues at all but I get stuck on 'world not found, requesting from server' and eventually EAC would kick me for timing out and give me a short ban from server.

The host removed EAC as it was a passworded server anyway but I could still not join and would just remain stuck on the same screen just without being kicked now.

To experiment, I tried joining other servers but encountered the same issue everywhere I tried. I could only successfully join a single player game by myself.

I have tried a fresh install of the game, deleting all profiles, validating game files and deleting all previous gen worlds but nothing has worked.

The closest I can get to joining another persons server is when I try to join a non random seeded world but I get stuck on screen saying starting game and can hear the music and sound effects in game but remain stuck on that loading screen.

I have run out of ideas and need some mod or community help please!

Below is a link to the log that shows me successfully connecting to solo game and then timing out on friends server.

https://pastebin.com/xBkEiV3M

Hmm strange. That must have been the wrong log. I'll add another below of me trying to only join my friends server.

The server has 1/8 playing (not me) but says maxplayercount 2 in the logs when they have had 4 of my friends on there at once with no issue.

I am so confused..

https://pastebin.com/vsjb0JzA

And here is another from a random server I tried to join from a standard Navezgane world

https://pastebin.com/vdMtD4cX

I could only see the Starting Game... screen. I can hear the world and if I press F7 I can see it too but it has barely any textures and my character look like they are half in the ground. It's like everything goes fine but it just refuses to place me properly into the world no mateer how long I wait.

- - - Updated - - -

20191011111550_1.thumb.jpg.0a11584a4b05df04215f72bd9b880208.jpg

I connected to that server in your first log, line 124 (68.40.92.232 port 26900) and didn't

have a problem.

I compared the two logs.

1: There are some librarys in your log that show errors that mine does not and

a bunch of permissions errors.

I would wipe the game out and reinstall for that issue. Wipe all saves from your

Appdata/Roaming folder, and the entire game folder, then reinstall.

2: You have something weird going on with DNS.

On my log I connect to the server at it's public IP 68.40.92.232 port 26900, on yours

it connects to your local loopback ip 127.0.0.1.

What's up with that? Are you running the server on the machine that you are playing on?

If so, you'd have to change the port number on the server from the default 26900. Try

That would be my 4th clean install with all profile data deleted so that's not helping unfortunately.

That was either just some random server I tried to join or my friends so no idea at all what is going on there with the DNS..

That would be my 4th clean install with all profile data deleted so that's not helping unfortunately.

That was either just some random server I tried to join or my friends so no idea at all what is going on there with the DNS..

Ok, well for your dns I'm not sure where to go. Would need more info.

If you're up for it, so we have a clean log to look at:

Shut down your dedi if you're running one locally. Start

the game, connect to 75.83.47.235 port 26909 by ip. See what happens,

disconnect, then upload the output. This is a server that I can view logs

on so it may be helpful.

You're able to connect to a server using a non-standard port, but not a server using the standard port (26900).

So, That port must be in use by another app.

You can open a command prompt as administrator and type netstat -a -b

to see a list of the ports in use, and which application is using them.

If the list is really long, you can copy and paste it to an editor to view the data.

If that sounds like a pain, this app will help you see what ports are being used.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/tcpview

Archived