So whatis your "base char build" in a18. heres mine.

Scyris

First thing I do is get 3 str and then some miner 69'er maybe motherload later on, then I get 3 fortitude and healing factor 2. After this is when I decide what build I wanna go for, but its kinda hard not to go str when the blunts are just above and beyond better than most other stats weapons. The int guys melee weapon is tbh complete garbage with its damage so low. Hunting knife is kinda pathethic too on its own.

I mostly play single player, so I am pretty much forced to get some str regardless if I don't want block destroying/mining to take forever.

I usually was a bow user in a17, but with the lack of feathers in a18 I didn't bother with bows, I find more gun ammo than I can find feathers so, I just use guns for ranged. Hunting rifle is REALLY good now, I got a t4 one that does 102 damage with 2 mods in it, and I don't even have any points in perception. Its awesome.

I didn't get any master chef yet as I find more canned food than I need, I think they need to up the food/water use a fair amount as i've not had to cook a single thing and I have more food than I need.

I also got advance engineering early, I happened to loot a crucible, anvil and adv bellows pretty early. I can make forged steel already if I wanted to, not that I can make much out of it yet.

Archived