Vega 64 BSOD issues?

Sess

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone uses a vega 64 or 56 and if they are having BSOD issues?

Also if you could let me know what you are getting for FPS that would be awesome.

I put my old 7950 in with no issues so i am pretty sure the Vega I bought is junk.

Thanks.

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone uses a vega 64 or 56 and if they are having BSOD issues?

Also if you could let me know what you are getting for FPS that would be awesome.

I put my old 7950 in with no issues so i am pretty sure the Vega I bought is junk.

Thanks.

Hi,

RX Vega 56 user here. Make sure you have the latest AMD driver version installed. I'm running the optional version 19.9.2 and it works well with no issues. As for FPS, it always highly depends on your video resolution. My resolution can't go higher than 1920x1080 because my current monitor can't natively handle higher resolutions. I could use higher virtual resolution using virtual super resolution and GPU scaling, but the benefit isn't worth the loss of FPS in this particular game as it is a pretty demanding game. On my current resolution, normally I get around 60-80 FPS, sometimes above 100 FPS depending on location, but in some specific scenarios even low FPS around 30-40, again depending on location and complexity of environment. I would expect RX Vega 64 to give couple of more FPS and better experience overall, without BSOD problems.

Hi,

RX Vega 56 user here. Make sure you have the latest AMD driver version installed. I'm running the optional version 19.9.2 and it works well with no issues. As for FPS, it always highly depends on your video resolution. My resolution can't go higher than 1920x1080 because my current monitor can't natively handle higher resolutions. I could use higher virtual resolution using virtual super resolution and GPU scaling, but the benefit isn't worth the loss of FPS in this particular game as it is a pretty demanding game. On my current resolution, normally I get around 60-80 FPS, sometimes above 100 FPS depending on location, but in some specific scenarios even low FPS around 30-40, again depending on location and complexity of environment. I would expect RX Vega 64 to give couple of more FPS and better experience overall, without BSOD problems.

Thanks for the Information. I have a 144hz 2k but I run the game at 1080 atm so my FPS isn't in the 20s. My Vega gets upper 20s to mid 30s at best. My older R9 280 gets about 50. This is running on low settings with nothing extra enabled.

Archived