GAIA ideas for future 18 and forward

4sheetzngeegles

Experimenting with my custom terrain desires I watched the results and

got a few future alpha ideas. Since I dont program I can't test them yet.

1*****For terrain tunnels. When I create an elevation and fatfinger the elevation

over a poi it creates an air pocket. Poi rule is copy air blocks, so my terrain

starts building above the pocket. This creates two physics results. The terrain

that is thick enough is sturdy, single layers are potential caveins. But result is

a partially enclosed poi.

*****Presently for highways and interstates airblocks it seemes are copied to sky.

If Y height is reduced, it would create natural gulleys in lower terrain, and tunnels

in taller terrain.

*****This led me to think that if the highways and roads followed an an inverse of

the terragen in the terrain generators, it would build -Y directon, possible result

caves. The air blocks are invisible so if there were multiple shape or set as terrain

shape ore terrain filler, it could sculpt a non cube passage. Closer to a natural shape.

Mining showed me that all a tunnel or cave are is randomly shaped air blocks.

***** For bridges and overpasses, Normally after 14 blocks an extended horizontal build

collapses without support. So using the highway/interstate builder, If it is set as one

block thick, every 14 blocks when it encounters an air or water gap, if it built down to

terrain it might create a base for the overpass, which Rwg could build a bridge on in

the next step.

*****For naturally dilapidated streets and sidewalk simulation. Streets and highways set

Y height to a -Y float, 0 to .5 of a block. The gravel boarder texture can make the sidewalk

visual combined with the terrainFiller block that has lateral separations. a sidewalk texture

that can be set as a biome for natural overgrowth and potholes.

I know you have probable already thought of most of this but wanted to write it just in case.

The terrain generator works well so I thought, instead of just adding a poi is it possible to

let the 7d engine build it naturally.

Archived