Dedicated Server Questions (safe zones/Spawns)

ZombieSmurf

I could have sworn I read something about this at some point in the last few years but can not find it.

Questions 1:

Is there a way to create a protected/safe zone (say 0,0 and 40 blocks around it) when its not a prefab (build in game)?

Question 2:

Is there a way to edit spawn locations? I would like to create a safe area (above) and then force people to spawn there.

Thank you for any help.

1. Yes if you are using a server manager. First you will want to install Allocs Server Fixes. Then you'll want an API manager like CPM to set custom zones.

2. Absolutely. Once you've generated your server, and set the "lobby" up where you want people to spawn in at, you just edit a file. The folder location will vary based on your seed, but here is an example. D:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die Dedicated Server\Data

Worlds\Luveli Mountains\spawnpoints.xml

Luveli Mountains folder name will vary based on your map size and seed. You'll edit the spawnpoint positions in there. I like to make several random locations within the zone I'm using as a Lobby.

1. Yes if you are using a server manager. First you will want to install Allocs Server Fixes. Then you'll want an API manager like CPM to set custom zones.

2. Absolutely. Once you've generated your server, and set the "lobby" up where you want people to spawn in at, you just edit a file. The folder location will vary based on your seed, but here is an example. D:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die Dedicated Server\Data

Worlds\Luveli Mountains\spawnpoints.xml

Luveli Mountains folder name will vary based on your map size and seed. You'll edit the spawnpoint positions in there. I like to make several random locations within the zone I'm using as a Lobby.

Thank you!

I've been reading the documentation and seems easy.

Archived