Mac laptop stutter issues but get 80fps

zomble

Strange stutter, the game loads fast but I get major stutter, on all settings even at the lowest screen resolution. I tried the launcher options and dialing down all the settings.

My mac is

32GB ram

17 quad core 2.5

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2gb intel iris pro graphics card

Anyone help?

cheers

Paul

Anyone help?

Have had the same issue since upgrading to Mac Mojave a few months back. Not sure if it is a nvidia driver issue or what. Would love to hear from other mac users running Mojave if they are working fine or how they 'fixed/improved' the issue.

Have had the same issue since upgrading to Mac Mojave a few months back. Not sure if it is a nvidia driver issue or what. Would love to hear from other mac users running Mojave if they are working fine or how they 'fixed/improved' the issue.

Thanks for the response, 16.4 is fine, no stutter, little bit of lag in cities or when using electric.

I don't get many responses on here so I guess not many mac users, shame, I can't play 17 with this issue.

cheers

paul

@Vandersin, Crater Creator got this working for me, here is his post, i lowered the screen rez and put these commands in console, hope it heps

The "gfx" console command has given me a huge performance increase. If you've opted in to Alpha 17.3 Experimental, open the console and enter "gfx pp ssr 0". When I play on the "low" video quality preset, this increases my framerate significantly. If you need more, try "gfx pp enable 0". You can reverse these settings with "gfx pp ssr 1" and "gfx pp enable 1". I believe they reset when you quit, so you'll need to enter them each time you play. Hope this helps!

Thanks!! worked for me. No longer getting the frustrating stutter. Did have to change the resolution and increase the FieldOfView (sg OptionsFieldOfViewNew 75), to make it better. Still getting pockets of 10, 11 FPS for some reason, but most of the time is running around 50-60FPS and more important, no constant stuttering.

Archived