Super zombies with the ability to jump!

Virgil

Hey, I can't stand seeing zombies jumping around. Sure that might be great for some who want a challenge, and I tried to live with it, but when I saw one of those heavy size zombies leap up onto a boulder I just felt its ruining the feeling for me.

In my opinion Zombies shouldn't naturally have this ability to jump or climb. Their brains just do not contain that much information to be smart enough to do that. I usually look at a zombie as someone who is so intoxicated and drugged that if they were to attempt to climb or jump they would just end up falling over. I can accept something like a feral zombie being able to complete that task, but not a normal zombie.

So I went into the server files to edit the zombies, set climbing to false on those I felt should not be able to climb, and set the value of the zombies I felt should not jump to 0.. However that didn't seem to make a difference. In fact, sometimes I'll just be standing there watching a zombie walking slowly around while I am unnoticed and then they will just all of the sudden leap into the air. Its too comical and unnatural feeling that I'm ready to just call it quits on this game...

So I am asking. Is it possible to disable the jumping on zombies. I don't mind if the feral zombies jump, but can I endit them so that they are not jumping around?

Archived