Gepps' Prefab Fixer

Gepps

Hi All,

I've been able to figure out how to make modlets work and corrected some of the current problems with prefab distribution, well the major ones.

I'm not going to say it's perfect but here are some statistics from an 8k map generation with the seed 'gimme good map' -> 'Velini Territory'.

Total size: 224kb

cell towers: 16

skyscrapers: 6

junkyard: 15

missile silo: 7

waterworks: 8

football stadium: 1

stores: 35

police station: 10

fire station: 14

factory: 6

houses: 1044

bars: 44

day care: 7

The modlet can be downloaded here.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wHJYiX7SMMekKmrzA7pOzLRDHMyDEE_2

I have not tried it with many other seeds but i've been using the same idea for a few versions of A17 to make RWG less repetitive. Please let me know if you notice any other unbalanced repeated buildings and I may be able to update it.

Thanks,

Gary

I've not used that before, i'm pretty new to modding.

Looking at the pack of prefabs, it should be easy to create a modlet to add them to a standard install, it may even be compatible with mine as they only seem to add additional groups and add to existing ones.

I've noticed some other issues with it that I've been playing around with over the weekend.

The first was something that Royal Deluxe pointed out in another thread, some of the prefabs were broken and not being allowed to to be rendered because of it.

<property name="Zoning" value="any" />

The value "any" seems to be non-functional and replacing it with a list of all of them fixes it.

<property name="Zoning" value="any,Commercial,Downtown,Industrial,ResidentialNew,ResidentialOld,Residential" />

I've been playing a game with those included and it feels very different, however it also needs some fine adjustment as the empty lots and decorations seem to use up too much space for a town to feel real.

Once I get a better balance with the changes I'll update the modlet, however I don't think I can mod the prefab xml files so I may have to have two different versions, one to support the manual change of the core files.

That is of course if the pimps have not released a new update by then :)

As for the additional prefabs mod I think it's only a matter of time before they release a modlet for their changes and it should be compatible with my own but I'll check on what and how they update the rules to include them.

That is of course if the pimps have not released a new update by then :)

If the fun pimps fix vanilla prefabs to everybodys liking then you would have to branch out anyway, but having a bit more control of what can be in the worlds generated until then is always a good thing :)

Keep up with the good work

• 2 weeks later...
so you are having to go thru the prefabs themselves and edit them?

Hi,

Sorry it's been a week since my reply I've not had much gaming time the last week.

I used a search and replace feature of Notepad++ to make the changes to the XML files all in one go in the prefabs folder, I don't recommend doing it without making some further changes to the RWG xml file too because they use up a lot of pentital space that could have a full building and it makes the world feel a little empty, as nice as it is to see road signs and lamp posts at the roadside.

Archived