After playing 17.1 for a while, some suggestions

Forien

Some things I mention were in A16 that are missing in A17 (17.1 b9), but other are just "that would be awesome". I do not want to spam forums with separate thread for all of them, so I will just list them:

1. Please reintroduce multiple, various lighting options. Simple Light is not enough. And also "edit" doesn't work, changing colour would be nice ;)
  2. Since Yucca smoothie requires snow, shouldn't it be considered "cooling" drink that provides Heat Resistance? In game it says "Cold Resistance".
  3. Snowberries should be farmable (seeds pls). Maybe as mutated seeds?
  4. Need more "heat resistant" clothing
  5. Currently no drink to help in desert? :(
  6. Maybe animal taming and breeding? Chickens would be more than enough, could be made tedious, I don't care. But I want it anyway :D
  7. The Huntsman could add some sort of tracking animals (footprints? compass dot?). Possibly separate skill?
  8. Editable alarm/switches to toggle off after X seconds would be sweet.
  9. After playing with some friends, we practically reached endgame by the days 25 (I've maxed Intellect, we have everything in terms of weapons and tools, 4 motorcycles, base full of traps and turrets, 10k+ gunpowder). And since there is no need to grind in this build (quality of items doesn't matter anyway) we can now only wait for blood moons that aren't really getting much harder. Game stage in party varies 160-200. Repair kits are easy to craft, weapons are easy to repair, the only "grindy" resource for us is raw meat, but who cares if we have more than enough vegetable stew? This game needs more long-term endgame for parties. A16 gun/vehicle system made from components that broke, and when repaired got lower quality (and worse) was much better. Components were rare, quality mattered, game was harder. A17 has hard start, but you reach endgame much faster and when in endgame, you are practically self-suficient.

Overall, I like new skill trees, I like the game being harder at the beginning, but I dislike "breeze" end-game. I miss the grindy skills. After all, if I dig much, I should get better at digging. If I craft a lot, I should be better at crafting. And Machete Q6 being as good (not including mods) as Machete Q1 just feels wrong. Being able to just freely repair anything with no wearing down is too easy as well. Many good changes, but many good things about A16 got scrapped. That's sad.

Anyway, I hope my input is welcomed and helpful, I really want this game to prosper ;)

[*]Currently no drink to help in desert? :(

Yucca Juice, according to the wiki https://7daystodie.gamepedia.com/Yucca_Juice, can be made by squeezing 4 yucca into a glass bottle, and it's quite refreshing, so there's that.

Now, if you'd like a Water Catcher in the game, like this https://rust.fandom.com/wiki/Small_Water_Catcher, that'd be a good suggestion =)

Yucca Juice, according to the wiki https://7daystodie.gamepedia.com/Yucca_Juice, can be made by squeezing 4 yucca into a glass bottle, and it's quite refreshing, so there's that.

Now, if you'd like a Water Catcher in the game, like this https://rust.fandom.com/wiki/Small_Water_Catcher, that'd be a good suggestion =)

I meant no drink to help with heat. In A16 there used to be a tea that provided cooling effect. And now there is smoothie, that works at heating player better than coffee. That's what my problem is with ;)

https://pasteboard.co/I0Hx53C.png

https://pasteboard.co/I0HxrOg.png

• 2 weeks later...

I totally agree with the last point, the game lacks of some long term goal, crafting vehicles is too easy, you just need level and some easy to find materials, you don't need to search for parts, only bottle of acid is more rare then other things. It's the same for weapons, you just need level and you can craft every one of them, dismantling cars gives you lots of gasoline, don't even need to mine for oil. You only have to look for modifications.

I have an idea, but I don't know if it makes any sense. I think zombies are to smart in this game, they look for paths to reach you, they just know that if they go upstairs, open the door, jump through window, dig a tunel, then turn left and jump twice they will reach you. It's pretty ridiculous. I think simpler zombies would be much more fun, when they just go towards noise or smell and destroy or crawl on anything that is on their way. In that way maybe they will be so simple that our computers would handle much more of them and more zombies means more fun and more challenge. Right now it's hard to fight hordes of zombies because of performance, frame drops, stuttering and so on. I don't know if this idea have any sense, so feel free to discuss it, but please don't just say it's stupid and nothing more, because it adds nothing to the conversation.

If i remember clearly (someone mentioned this in one thread) the biggest problem if Zs is they have limbs the way they have and require simpler structure to consume less memory (or something like that, i may confuse this a little).

The point is though that your suggestion is quite good only if you perform some other changes (in my opinion ofc). Firstly, sound and smell need to be updated so that it works properly (more options for confusing Zs, as well as additional danger). Secondly, zombies must stop pinpointing to the players location - which would enable tricking them and leading away if wanting to (apart from BM ofc). Thirdly, having them use less memory (whatever the final solution) so there can be more of them. Fourthly, decrease their stats, so lower hp, block damage and entity damage.

Zombies are scary not because they have high strength and hp (maybe some mutant or beastly Zs, but na t regulars). Their fear factor is because if their numbers. With all of the above, they would still be dangerous, high amounts of Zs in POIs would still be deadly and more interesting, as well as BM would be epic with tens if not hundreds of Zs on screen.

Archived