Reusable Flashlight based pole lantern

SoulChaserJ

I'd like to see a craftable item of a few sticks + a flashlight = a pole lantern. So you can either stake it in the ground or it provides a great light source at night or underground. This would create no flicker and no noise for Zombies to key off of. Simply put, upgraded light source. I currently have 90 flashlights from bloated zombies and looting. I've never actually used any of them so I'm trying to find a good use for them.

• 1 month later...
I think the flashlights should be able to be broken down into lead. *shrug* lead is reasonably scarce.... and you can get lead from car batteries... so it doesn't seem like a far stretch... 2 flashlights = 1 scrap lead. AND.... while we're talking about batteries 'power'.... I'd like to be able to tap into the cables that power the random lights in the game. WHERE in gawd's green earth are they getting their power from???? Honestly. I listen for the hum of small generators... nothing. I dig for underground power cables... nothing.

I'd rather be able to get Brass out of Flashlights. Even if it's just a tiny amount. Lead you can mine. Brass is the scarce one. But really, just any use for Flashlights will be nice. My policy is always throw-away-immediately. They just take up inventory space. In coop multiplayer I might take a couple home, just in case the other players want to use them, but I consider that unlikely.

Archived