Custom Maps with custom goals

Khulkhuum

Considering many ideas sprouting in this section of the forum, i decided to add my 2 cents to the pile.

I am thinking BIG. I am thinking FUN! I am thinking GRAND!!!

As much as it would be a bit of a problem to create, I envision custom maps created for the players. Many games do this and it only enhances the gameplay, allowing people to enjoy player made content.

One way it could be through worlds done in creative, where you set up everything (or most of the map) for specific ideas you have in mind. Altering that worlds spawning points and with custom built places, specifically tailored for a specific playthrough, even going as far as filling containers with specific loot and placing enemies in specific places (that can be debatable) - this would turn on so many people... In the final step, you can export the world into a packaged file, which can be loaded and based off it someone can create a "new game" and play it.

Another way would be for an even more advanced world editor where you can put down POIs and change terrain, creating a template to forge new worlds. Something like creating a new Navezgane, but your own, with your own distinction on where biomes meet, where POIs are placed, etc. Then, when you create a "new game" on it, it would create an instance just like the Navezgane map.

Additional features to this idea can be anything from the below list or more:

- Spawn point modifier - Choose and modify the Spawn points for a map, allowing for example "first spawn" to be in one place (one time spawns), but perhaps adding "death respawn" spots

- POI placement tool - Creating lists of POIs that can spawn in specific areas (or one spot), as well as a general list for plausible POIs to spawn randomly in the map based off the world seed.

- Loot usage tool - Choose what type of loot you want to include in your map. Upon generating the world/opening a container, some things will not appear (because they're not on the list).

- Quest tool - This would be something big for sure, but perhaps a way to create custom quests.

I'll add nothing to this idea but it came to my mind a custom map where the game takes place over at huge skycrapers, and the ground floor is out of reach. Each floor of each building a dungeon, filled with zombies, improvised bridges connecting towers, improvised ladders made for skipping harder floors, bosses on the last floor.

Custom maps would be a canvas for creative designers, be it for tower defense sort of maps, for survival, for deathmatchs, or for simple creative outlet.

Archived