Trouble with joining games

guardian1816

I have had issues here and there with this game but I cant even find anything about anyone else having this one so here goes.

My brother and I play on Steam and have a server that has been functioning fine for several weeks. Yesterday we played for a couple hours and logged off as normal. Neither one of us has really been home until today when I created the game as we always do but now he doesnt have the option to join it. He is unable to join any of my maps, but I can join his just fine. We shut down and restarted everything and that didnt work. Once in the game I hit the "esc" button and the option to "invite friends" is unselectable. We have tried joining from the Steam platform and from inside the game to no avail.

It acts as though I turned on some privacy setting somewhere, but for the life of me I cannot find it (assuming it even exists). The only thing I did was to make a copy of an xml file for a completely different map/game. Nothing in the game directory was altered or deleted including the map I copied the xml file for and especially the one we play on.

Any ideas could help.

• 3 weeks later...
I have had issues here and there with this game but I cant even find anything about anyone else having this one so here goes.

My brother and I play on Steam and have a server that has been functioning fine for several weeks. Yesterday we played for a couple hours and logged off as normal. Neither one of us has really been home until today when I created the game as we always do but now he doesnt have the option to join it. He is unable to join any of my maps, but I can join his just fine. We shut down and restarted everything and that didnt work. Once in the game I hit the "esc" button and the option to "invite friends" is unselectable. We have tried joining from the Steam platform and from inside the game to no avail.

It acts as though I turned on some privacy setting somewhere, but for the life of me I cannot find it (assuming it even exists). The only thing I did was to make a copy of an xml file for a completely different map/game. Nothing in the game directory was altered or deleted including the map I copied the xml file for and especially the one we play on.

Any ideas could help.

Hey Guardian. In case you havent done it you posted this in the consoles forum but probably meant to post in the PC forum.

Archived