Custom Sounds for modlets

Morganator

So i wanted to create my own speaker that plays another sound when activated, and block wise modding isnt a problem for me but when i gets to the custom sound im hitting the unity barrier. I have the soundfile in .wav but afaik the game needs .unity3d files to read. Is there any simple way/tutorial for me to get this working?

So i wanted to create my own speaker that plays another sound when activated, and block wise modding isnt a problem for me but when i gets to the custom sound im hitting the unity barrier. I have the soundfile in .wav but afaik the game needs .unity3d files to read. Is there any simple way/tutorial for me to get this working?

My old video on this should help.

Just be sure to use Unity 2018 and the updated export script. The links to those you can find sticked in these forums.

Thx for the answer, i already stumbled upon your yt tutorials but seems like i couldnt find the right one :)

Anyways, im using unity 2018.3 if that is a problem?

Also i dont know if its that easy or if i have to create a block or something, because when i pull in the sound file into the assets folder (empty unity project) and then pull in your MultiPlatformexportscript (which im guessing is the newest update) then there is no "BuildAssetBundle" option only a "Open C# project" option.

I hope i described my situation somewhat clear

Thank you again for your time

Thx for the answer, i already stumbled upon your yt tutorials but seems like i couldnt find the right one :)

Anyways, im using unity 2018.3 if that is a problem?

Also i dont know if its that easy or if i have to create a block or something, because when i pull in the sound file into the assets folder (empty unity project) and then pull in your MultiPlatformexportscript (which im guessing is the newest update) then there is no "BuildAssetBundle" option only a "Open C# project" option.

I hope i described my situation somewhat clear

Thank you again for your time

The game is built on Unity 2018.2 You may well have version issues using 2018.3, so probably a bad idea. That script is fine, just add it into your root asset folder. It should give you an option at the bottom to export.

Knowing that the Unity Version could be a problem i uninstalled everything and unity and installed the 2018.2.0f2 Version and still the same issue. Probably a pretty obvious reason i cant seem to figure out.

https://s15.directupload.net/images/190131/54edtja2.png

The script isn't working. I cant see the file extension on it, or how you downloaded it, but thats probably you issue

Interesting. When I installed Unity2018.2 I selected the additional build support for OSX and Linux. Perhaps that is why its failing, although I didn't think those were dependencies. I will check that out. Thanks

Hmm i didnt select additional support maybe thats it. anyways my mod is working and i will probably post it although its a bit stupid :distrust:

Archived