Need help with editing Armor

EpicSpire

I am trying to make a mod/modlet that will give a small bonus to armor based on it's quality. The bonus will be small enough to be noticable, but not really game breaking. quality 6 cloth, for example, is as good as quality 1 leather as far as protection goes, but the main benefit will be in mobility, noise, and effect resistance.

however, the code doesn't seem to work for some reason, and i have tried multiple things, but am new to modding and would like some guidence on what i'm doing wrong

<configs>

<append xpath="/items/item[starts-with (@name,'armorCloth')]/effect_group">
	<passive_effect name="PhysicalDamageResist" operation="base_add" value="2,3" tier="1,6"/>
	<passive_effect name="NoiseMultiplier" operation="perc_add" value="0.10,0.08" />
	<passive_effect name="BuffResistance" operation="base_add" value="0.02,0.03" tier="1,6" tags="buffIllInfection0,buffInjuryBleeding,buffInjuryStunned1"/>
</append> 

</configs>

and this is just another code i used.

<configs>
<append xpath="/items/item[starts-with (@name,'armorCloth')]/effect_group">
	<passive_effect name="PhysicalDamageResist" operation="perc_add" value="0,0.5" tier="1,6"/>
	<passive_effect name="NoiseMultiplier" operation="perc_add" value="0.10,0.08" />
	<passive_effect name="BuffResistance" operation="perc_add" value="0,0.5" tier="1,6" tags="buffIllInfection0,buffInjuryBleeding,buffInjuryStunned1"/>
</append>
</configs>

Archived